on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Poston family come from? What is the English Poston family crest and coat of arms? When did the Poston family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Poston family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boston, Bouston, Bowstone, Bostown, Bostowne, Bostoun, Bawston, Bauston, Bawstone, Baustone, Bowsting, Bowstain and many more.
First found in Roxburghshire where they held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Poston research. Another 339 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1634, 1638, 1676 and 1732 are included under the topic Early Poston History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 55 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Poston Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Poston Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- C D Poston, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- C.E. Poston, aged 37, who landed in America, in 1894
Poston Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Richard W. Poston, aged 59, who emigrated to America from England, in 1908
- James Poston, aged 34, who settled in America from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1909
- Robert L. Poston, aged 50, who landed in America, in 1918
- Thomas Poston, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States, in 1919
- Joseph Poston, who emigrated to the United States from Liverpool, in 1919
- Thomas Gordon "Tom" Poston (1921-2007), American television and film actor, best remembered as the recurring guest star on The Bob Newhart Show
- Bryan A. Poston (1924-2009), American politician in Louisiana
- Elizabeth Poston (1905-1987), English composer, pianist, and writer
- Timothy "Tim" Poston (b. 1945), English mathematician, best known for his work on catastrophe theory
- Charles Debrille Poston (1825-1902), Arizona politician, the "Father of Arizona"
- Jim Poston CBE (1945-2007), Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands (2002 to 2005)
- Those Who Have Gone Before by Miriam Halbert Bales.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
The Poston Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Poston Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 February 2015 at 20:14.
on orders of $85 or more