Legette History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Legette family
The surname Legette was first found in Buckinghamshire, where they held a family seat from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Legette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Legette research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1400, 1574, 1412, 1403, 1408, 1406, 1407, 1575, 1612 and are included under the topic Early Legette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Legette Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Legat, Leggat, Leggatt, Leggate, Legatt, Legget, Liggat, Ligget, Liggett and many more.
Early Notables of the Legette family (pre 1700)
Notable among the family at this time was Helming Leget (died 1412), of Tottenham, Middlesex and Black Notley, Essex, an English politician, appointed Sheriff, Essex and Hertfordshire for...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Legette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Legette family to Ireland
Some of the Legette family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 59 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Legette migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Legette Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Legette, who landed in Illinois in 1848 
Contemporary Notables of the name Legette (post 1700)
- Felisha Legette -Jack (b. 1966), American Head Women's basketball coach at University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- Burnie A. Legette (b. 1970), former American NFL football running back for the New England Patriots during the 1993 and 1994 NFL seasons
- Tyrone Christopher Legette (b. 1970), former professional American NFL football cornerback who played from 1992 to 1998
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)