on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Boston family come from? What is the English Boston family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boston family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boston family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boston, Bouston, Bowstone, Bostown, Bostowne, Bostoun, Bawston, Bauston, Bawstone, Baustone, Bowsting, Bowstain and many more.
First found in Roxburghshire where they held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boston research. Another 339 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1634, 1638, 1676 and 1732 are included under the topic Early Boston History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 55 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boston Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boston Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Henry Boston settled in Virginia in 1643
- Hen Boston, who landed in Virginia in 1643
- Elizabeth Boston, who landed in Virginia in 1656
- Margarett Boston, who arrived in Virginia in 1657
- Henry, Boston Jr., who landed in Maryland in 1663
Boston Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joseph Boston, who landed in Virginia in 1701
- Joseph Boston settled in Maryland in 1728
- Thomas Boston settled in Maryland in 1731
- Samuel Boston, who landed in America in 1760-1763
Boston Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Boston, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1800
- Bart Boston, aged 44, landed in New York in 1812
- Mark Boston, aged 36, arrived in New York in 1812
- W W Boston, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Mr. Boston settled in San Francisco, California in 1850
Boston Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Thos Boston, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1750
- Cumberland Boston, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Thomas Boston, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
Boston Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Walter Boston, Scottish convict from Inverness, who was transported aboard the "Ann" on August 1809, settling in New South Wales, Australia
- Rachel Elizabeth Boston (b. 1982), American actress and producer
- Daryl Lamont Boston (b. 1963), American Major League Baseball outfielder who played from 1984 to 1994
- David Byron Boston (b. 1978), American former NFL and CFL football wide receiver who played from 1999 to 2008
- Nancy Boston (b. 1940), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2004
- John Boston, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Judge of Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, 2000
- John Boston, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Dakota, 1940
- John Boston, American politician, U.S. Collector of Customs, 1854
- Harold W. Boston, American Democrat politician, Candidate for West Virginia State House of Delegates from Wirt County, 1942
- Dennis M. Boston, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Virginia, 2000
- David Boston, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Michigan, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1970
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
The Boston Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boston Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 February 2016 at 17:54.
on orders of $85 or more