on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Boston family come from? What is the English Boston family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boston family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boston family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boston, Bouston, Bowstone, Bostown, Bostowne, Bostoun, Bawston, Bauston, Bawstone, Baustone, Bowsting, Bowstain and many more.
First found in Roxburghshire where they held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boston research. Another 339 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1634, 1638, 1676 and 1732 are included under the topic Early Boston History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 55 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boston Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boston Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Henry Boston settled in Virginia in 1643
- Hen Boston, who landed in Virginia in 1643
- Elizabeth Boston, who landed in Virginia in 1656
- Margarett Boston, who arrived in Virginia in 1657
- Henry, Boston Jr., who landed in Maryland in 1663
Boston Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joseph Boston, who landed in Virginia in 1701
- Joseph Boston settled in Maryland in 1728
- Thomas Boston settled in Maryland in 1731
- Samuel Boston, who landed in America in 1760-1763
Boston Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Boston, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1800
- Bart Boston, aged 44, landed in New York in 1812
- Mark Boston, aged 36, arrived in New York in 1812
- W W Boston, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Mr. Boston settled in San Francisco, California in 1850
Boston Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Thos Boston, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1750
- Cumberland Boston, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Thomas Boston, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
Boston Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Walter Boston, Scottish convict from Inverness, who was transported aboard the "Ann" on August 1809, settling in New South Wales, Australia
- Ralph Harold Boston (b. 1939), American athlete, who won a gold medal in Long Jump at the 1960 Olympic games and later two more gold medals
- David Byron Boston (b. 1978), American former NFL and CFL football wide receiver who played from 1999 to 2008
- Daryl Lamont Boston (b. 1963), American Major League Baseball outfielder who played from 1984 to 1994
- Rachel Elizabeth Boston (b. 1982), American actress and producer
- Mr. William John Boston (d. 1912), aged 30, English Deck Steward from Southampton, Hampshire who worked aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Lucy M Boston (1892-1990), born Lucy Maria Wood, English novelist, best known for her "Green Knowe" series
- Terence George Boston (b. 1930), British politician, Baron Boston of Faversham, Member of UK Parliament (1964-1970)
- Bernard Boston (d. 1989), British singer and actor
- William John "Billy" Boston MBE (b. 1934), former Wales and Great Britain professional Rugby League World Cup winning footballer, inductee into the Rugby League Hall of Fame and the Welsh Sports Hall of Fame
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
The Boston Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boston Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 November 2014 at 09:43.
on orders of $85 or more