100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Stamper was first found in Berkshire, but early records also show John de Stampes who was listed in the Pipe Rolls
of the City of London (1191) and Sir Thomas Stampe who appeared in the Feet of Fines Rolls for Essex
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stamp, Stamps, Stampe, Stampes, Stamper and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stamper research. Another 323 words (23 lines of text) covering the year 1692 is included under the topic Early Stamper History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Stamper Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stamper Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Stamper, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1722-1723
Stamper Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Robert Stamper, aged 23, who arrived in America, in 1892
- Mrs. Wm. Stamper, aged 35, who arrived in America, in 1895
- R. J. Stamper, aged 28, who arrived in America, in 1895
Stamper Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Pope Stamper, aged 29, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1908
- Daisy Stamper, aged 27, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1910
- Frederick Peter Stamper, aged 31, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1910
- Jos. Stamper, aged 4, who arrived in America from Carlisle, England, in 1913
- Elizabeth Stamper, aged 27, who arrived in America from Carlisle, England, in 1913
- Scott Stamper (b. 1962), American club owner, booking agent, and talent scout, owner of The Saint in Asbury Park, NJ
- Malcolm Stamper (1925-2005), American businessman, the longest serving President in Boeing’s history from 1972 until 1985
- Jeremy "Jay" Stamper (b. 1972), American entrepreneur and politician in South Carolina
- Norm Stamper, former American Chief of the Seattle Police Department and an author
- Dave Stamper (1883-1963), American songwriter of the Tin Pan Alley and vaudeville eras
- W. L. Stamper, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Colorado, 1916
- Malcolm Stamper, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Michigan 13th District, 1952
- Larry L. Stamper, American politician, Mayor of Burbank, California, 1983-84
- John Stamper, American politician, Mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1759-60
- Joe Stamper, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Oklahoma, 1952
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
The Stamper Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stamper Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2015 at 11:04.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!