Sivyer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Sivyer family
The surname Sivyer was first found in Essex where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1274 when Edith Seviere held estates in that county.
Early History of the Sivyer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sivyer research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1279, 1327, 1455, 1487, 1471, 1427 and 1440 are included under the topic Early Sivyer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sivyer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sever, Sevior, Sevyer, Seeviour, Siveyer, Sivier, Siver, Sivyer, Saviour, Saver, Seyvior, Sceviour, Scievor and many more.
Early Notables of the Sivyer family (pre 1700)
Distinguished members of the family include Henry Sever (d. 1471), First Provost of Eton College and Warden of Merton. In 1427, he served as Senior Proctor in the University. He...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sivyer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sivyer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sivyer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James Sivyer, who arrived in New York in 1840 
Sivyer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Harry Sivyer, aged 19, who settled in America from London, England, in 1902
- Ida M. Sivyer, aged 53, who immigrated to the United States, in 1905
- Frederick W. Sivyer, aged 57, who immigrated to the United States, in 1905
- Mrs. F. M. Sivyer, aged 59, who immigrated to America, in 1911
- Mary Sivyer, aged 53, who landed in America from London, England, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Sivyer (post 1700) +
- Steven Sivyer (b. 1974), English composer and organist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)