on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Pilcher family come from? What is the Scottish Pilcher family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pilcher family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pilcher family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pilcher, Pilchert, Pilche, Pylche, Piltch and others.
First found in Inverness, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pilcher research. Another 167 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1263 and 1376 are included under the topic Early Pilcher History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Pilcher Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pilcher Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Pilcher, who arrived in Virginia in 1652
- Edward Pilcher, who landed in Maryland in 1661
- Steven Pilcher, who came to Maryland in 1684
Pilcher Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Pilcher, aged 20, a labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Bolton" in 1840
- Stephen Pilcher, aged 44, a labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Coromandel" in 1840
- Susan Pilcher, aged 17, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Coromandel" in 1840
- Stephen Pilcher, aged 11, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Coromandel" in 1840
- John Pilcher, aged 8, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Coromandel" in 1840
- J L Pilcher (1898-1981), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Georgia (1953-1965)
- Joshua Pilcher (1790-1843), American fur trader and Indian agent, owner and president of the Missouri Fur Company
- Percy Sinclair Pilcher (1866-1899), English inventor and pioneering aviator
- Sir John Pilcher (1912-1990), British Diplomat, Ambassador to Austria (1965-1957) and Ambassador to Japan (1967–1972)
- John Pilcher (1766-1838), English cricketer for Kent who played from 1787 to 1796
- William S. Pilcher (1803-1858), Mayor of Louisville, Kentucky from 1857 to 1858
- Rosamunde Pilcher (b. 1924), British author, mother of Robin Pilcher
- Robin Pilcher (b. 1950), British author, son of Rosamunde Pilcher
- George Pilcher (1801-1855), English aural surgeon and medical reformer, recipient of the the Fothergillian prize for his treatise On the Structure and Pathology of the Ear in 1838
- Bloxham, Ben. Key to Parochial Registers of Scotland From Earliest Times Through 1854 2nd edition. Provo, UT: Stevenson's Genealogical Center, 1979. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and David Hicks. The Highland Clans The Dynastic Origins, Cheifs and Background of the Clans. New York: C.N. Potter, 1968. Print.
- Fairbairn,. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Martine, Roddy, Roderick Martine and Don Pottinger. Scottish Clan and Family Names Their Arms, Origins and Tartans. Edinburgh: Mainstream, 1992. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
The Pilcher Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pilcher Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 December 2014 at 17:14.
on orders of $85 or more