100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Pilcher was first found in Inverness, where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pilcher, Pilchert, Pilche, Pylche, Piltch and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pilcher research. Another 167 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1263 and 1376 are included under the topic Early Pilcher History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Pilcher Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pilcher Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Pilcher, who arrived in Virginia in 1652
- Edward Pilcher, who landed in Maryland in 1661
- Steven Pilcher, who came to Maryland in 1684
Pilcher Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Pilcher, aged 20, a labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Bolton" in 1840
- Stephen Pilcher, aged 44, a labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Coromandel" in 1840
- Susan Pilcher, aged 17, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Coromandel" in 1840
- Stephen Pilcher, aged 11, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Coromandel" in 1840
- John Pilcher, aged 8, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Coromandel" in 1840
- Joshua Pilcher (1790-1843), American fur trader and Indian agent, owner and president of the Missouri Fur Company
- William Stanton Pilcher (1803-1858), American politician, Candidate for Kentucky State Attorney General, 1844; Mayor of Louisville, Kentucky, 1857-58
- W. W. Pilcher, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Georgia, 1908
- T. C. Pilcher, American politician, Member of Virginia State Senate 11th District, 1916-17
- Joshua Pilcher (1790-1843), American politician, U.S. Consul in Chihuahua, 1825-27
- John Leonard Pilcher (1898-1981), American Democrat politician, Member of Georgia State House of Representatives; Member of Georgia State Senate, 1940-44; U.S. Representative from Georgia 2nd District, 1953-65
- James B. Pilcher, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Hankow, 1932
- James Pilcher, American politician, U.S. Consul General in Hong Kong, 1958-59
- E. G. Pilcher, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Alabama, 1936
- Crawford Long Pilcher, American politician, Member of Georgia State House of Representatives from Warren County, 1937-42; Member of Georgia State Senate, 1950
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and Don Pottinger. Clan Map Scotland of Old. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1983. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. Acts of Malcom IV 1153-65 Volume I Regesta Regum Scottorum 1153-1424. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1960. Print.
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
- Martine, Roddy, Roderick Martine and Don Pottinger. Scottish Clan and Family Names Their Arms, Origins and Tartans. Edinburgh: Mainstream, 1992. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Black, George F. The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3).
The Pilcher Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pilcher Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2016 at 11:46.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!