Mullady History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Mullady family
The surname Mullady was first found in County Clare (Irish: An Clár) located on the west coast of Ireland in the province of Munster, where they held a family seat as a Dalcassian sept on the borders of Galway, neighbours of the Kennedys. After the Norman Conquest of England, was strongly influenced by the invasion of Strongbow in 1172 which was almost equal to the enormous Irish cultural impact on England Scotland, Wales and the whole of Europe before the Norman Conquest from the 1st to 7th centuries. Many Irish clanns, sept names were intermixed and family groupings became almost indistinguishable. The name claims direct descent from Maolaneididh, who was King of Conmacne and died with Brian Boru at the Battle of Clontarf in 1014.
Early History of the Mullady family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mullady research. Another 89 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Mullady History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mullady Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Melody, Mellody, Malody, Mallody, Mallady, Malady, Moledy, Molledy, Mullady, Mylady, O'Melody, Mulady, Muledy, Mulledy, O'Mellody, O'Malody, O'Mallody, O'Mullady, O'Mulledy, Millady, O'Millady, Mulleady and many more.
Early Notables of the Mullady family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mullady Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mullady family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Elisa Melody, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1811; James Melody, who was on record in New York in 1854; John Melody, who settled in New York, NY in 1858.
Contemporary Notables of the name Mullady (post 1700) +
- Thomas Francis Mullady (b. 1957), former American football tight end and wide receiver who played in the National Football League for the New York Giants from 1979-1984
- Kaila Mullady (b. 1993), American beatboxer, beatrhymer, musician and actress, winner of the Beatbox Battle World Championship in 2015 and 2018
- Henry "Harry" Mullady, Irish Fenian activist who was part of The Cuba Five who were exiled in 1871
- Erin Mullady Hamlin (b. 1986), American four-time Olympian and the first female American luger to medal at any Winter Olympics
- Erin Mullady Hamlin (b. 1986), American three-time Olympian luger
Related Stories +