on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Jupp family come from? What is the English Jupp family crest and coat of arms? When did the Jupp family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Jupp family history?
Spelling variations in names were a common occurrence before English spelling was standardized a few hundred years ago. In the Middle Ages, even the literate spelled their names differently as the English language incorporated elements of French, Latin, and other European languages. Many variations of the name Jupp have been found, including Jubb, Jubbe, Jub, Juppe, Jopp, Jupp, Job, Jobson and others.
First found in Suffolk where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jupp research. Another 172 words(12 lines of text) covering the year 1273 is included under the topic Early Jupp History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Jupp Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Jupp Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- G.F. Jupp arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "William Hyde" in 1849
- Clifford Jupp, Director Textile Configuration
- Hon. Sir Kenneth Jupp, High Court Judge
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
The Jupp Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Jupp Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 January 2012 at 02:42.
on orders of $85 or more