Hazeldine History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Anglo-Saxon name Hazeldine comes from when the family resided in one of a variety of similarly-named places. The settlement of Heselden is in Durham, while Haselden is in Sussex. Haslingden is in Lancashire, Hazeldon Farm is in Wiltshire, and Hazelton is in Gloucestershire. The surname Hazeldine belongs to the large category of Anglo-Saxon habitation names, which are derived from pre-existing names for towns, villages, parishes, or farmsteads.
Early Origins of the Hazeldine family
The surname Hazeldine was first found in Sussex at ancient manor in or near Dallington.  The name is derived from the Old English words hoesel + denu, which mean "Hazel" + "valley."  Hazleton Abbey was an abbey in Gloucestershire.
Important Dates for the Hazeldine family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hazeldine research. Another 66 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hazeldine History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hazeldine Spelling Variations
The English language only became standardized in the last few centuries; therefore, spelling variations are common among early Anglo-Saxon names. As the form of the English language changed, even the spelling of literate people's names evolved. Hazeldine has been recorded under many different variations, including Hazeltine, Hazelton, Hazletine, Hasleden, Hazleton, Haseltine, Haselton, Hasletine, Haslett, Aseltine and many more.
Early Notables of the Hazeldine family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hazeldine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Hazeldine family to Ireland
Some of the Hazeldine family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hazeldine migration to Australia
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Hazeldine Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Sarah Hazeldine, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Navarino" in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hazeldine (post 1700)
- James L. Hazeldine, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 8th District, 1942; Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Jackson County 2nd District, 1946 
- Alan Hazeldine (1948-2008), Scottish pianist and conductor, known for his work with the English Chamber Orchestra, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and the Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra
- Samuel Hazeldine (b. 1972), English actor, best known for his leading role in The Raven (2012)
- Ms. Debra Ann Hazeldine M.B.E.,, British Patient Safety Campaign and Lately Member for Cure the NHS, was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire on 29th December 2018 for services to Patient Safety in Staffordshire 
- Angela Lee Hazeldine (b. 1981), British actress and musician
- Stuart Hazeldine (b. 1971), British screenwriter, film producer and director
- James Anthony "Jimmy" Hazeldine (1947-2002), British television, stage and film actor
Historic Events for the Hazeldine family
- Mr. Lucian Hazeldine, British Chief Stoker, who sailed into battle on the HMS Repulse and survived the sinking 
You May Also Like
- ^ Lowe, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
- ^ Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges, A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8)
- ^ State Records of South Australia. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) NAVARINO 1849. Retrieved from http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/BSA/1849Navarino.htm
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 18) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62507, 28 December 2018 | London Gazette, The Gazette, Dec. 2018, www.thegazette.co.uk/honours-lists
- ^ HMS Repulse Crew members. (Retrieved 2014, April 9) . Retrieved from http://www.forcez-survivors.org.uk/biographies/listrepulsecrew.html