on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Falvey family come from? What is the Irish Falvey family crest and coat of arms? When did the Falvey family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Falvey family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Falvey, Falvie, Falffie, O'Falvey and others.
First found in Kerry (Irish:Ciarraí) part of the former County Desmond (14th-17th centuries), located in Southwestern Ireland, in Munster province, where they held a family seat as the Lords of Corcaguiney. Irish history was greatly influenced by the Norman invasion of 1172, and thereafter, the surnames of Irish Gaelic clanns and septs and many of the Norman families became almost indistinguishable. This family name was found later in Clare and in Cork.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falvey research. Another 279 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 188 and 1886 are included under the topic Early Falvey History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Falvey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Falvey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Falvey, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1840
- Denis Falvey came to Boston in 1850
- Anna Falvey arrived in New York sometime between 1854 and 1856
- Cornelius Falvey settled in Boston in 1856
- Bridget Falvey arrived in Memphis, TN in 1868
Falvey Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Abigail Falvey came to Nova Scotia in 1829
- Abigail Falvey, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1829
- Patrick Falvey, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1830
- Cornelius Falvey, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1830
- Denis Falvey, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1832
Falvey Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- John Falvey, aged 25, a ploughman, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Adamant" in 1874
- John Falvey, aged 19, a farm labourer, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Michael Falvey, aged 22, a farm labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "British Queen" in 1883
- Colin Falvey (b. 1985), Irish professional footballer
- Thomas Falvey (d. 1941), Irish politician and farmer
- Mick Falvey, former all- Ireland winning Gaelic football player
- Pat Falvey, led the first ever Irish expedition to reach the South Pole on 8th January, 2008
- John Lindsay Falvey (b. 1950), Australian writer and author
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Harris, Ruth-Ann and B. Emer O'Keefe. The Search for Missing Friends Irish Immigrant Advertisements Placed in the Boston Pilot Volume II 1851-1853. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1991. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Heraldic Scroll and Map of Family names and Origins of Ireland. Dublin: Mullins. Print.
- Land Owners in Ireland. Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1203-3).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hickey, D.J. and J.E. Doherty. A New Dictionary of Irish History form 1800 2nd Edition. Dublin: Gil & MacMillian, 2003. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Falvey Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Falvey Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 December 2014 at 00:27.
on orders of $85 or more