on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Falvey family come from? What is the Irish Falvey family crest and coat of arms? When did the Falvey family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Falvey family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Falvey, Falvie, Falffie, O'Falvey and others.
First found in Kerry (Irish:Ciarraí) part of the former County Desmond (14th-17th centuries), located in Southwestern Ireland, in Munster province, where they held a family seat as the Lords of Corcaguiney. Irish history was greatly influenced by the Norman invasion of 1172, and thereafter, the surnames of Irish Gaelic clanns and septs and many of the Norman families became almost indistinguishable. This family name was found later in Clare and in Cork.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falvey research. Another 279 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 188 and 1886 are included under the topic Early Falvey History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Falvey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Falvey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Falvey, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1840
- Denis Falvey came to Boston in 1850
- Anna Falvey arrived in New York sometime between 1854 and 1856
- Cornelius Falvey settled in Boston in 1856
- Bridget Falvey arrived in Memphis, TN in 1868
Falvey Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Abigail Falvey came to Nova Scotia in 1829
- Abigail Falvey, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1829
- Patrick Falvey, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1830
- Cornelius Falvey, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1830
- Denis Falvey, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1832
Falvey Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- John Falvey, aged 25, a ploughman, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Adamant" in 1874
- John Falvey, aged 19, a farm labourer, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Michael Falvey, aged 22, a farm labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "British Queen" in 1883
- Colin Falvey (b. 1985), Irish professional footballer
- Thomas Falvey (d. 1941), Irish politician and farmer
- Mick Falvey, former all- Ireland winning Gaelic football player
- Pat Falvey, led the first ever Irish expedition to reach the South Pole on 8th January, 2008
- John Lindsay Falvey (b. 1950), Australian writer and author
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Read, Charles Anderson. The Cabinet of Irish Literature Selections from the Works of the Chief Poets, Orators and Prose Writers of Ireland 4 Volumes. London: Blackie and Son, 1884. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Somerset Fry, Peter and Fiona Somerset Fry. A History of Ireland. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1993. Print. (ISBN 1-56619-215-3).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- McDonnell, Frances. Emigrants from Ireland to America 1735-1743 A Transcription of the report of the Irish House of Commons into Enforced emigration to America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1331-5).
- Land Owners in Ireland. Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1203-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Falvey Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Falvey Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 December 2014 at 00:27.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more