Deline History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Deline first arose amongst the Anglo-Saxon tribes of Britain. It is derived from their having lived in or beside a meadow. The surname Deline originally derived from the Old English word Dael.
Early Origins of the Deline family
The surname Deline was first found in Norfolk at either Field Dalling or Wood Dalling. Collectively they date back to the Domesday Book when they were listed as Dallinga.  Later there was a split in the villages as Wode Dallinges was listed in 1198 and Fildedalling was listed in 1272. 
The parish of Wood-Dalling (anciently spelt Wode Dallinges) in Norfolk was a family seat since early times. "The Hall, now a respectable farmhouse, was built in 1582 by a member of the Dalling family, which during a long period held the estate." 
Early History of the Deline family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deline research. Another 84 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1400, 1567, 1561, 1637 and 1561 are included under the topic Early Deline History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deline Spelling Variations
One relatively recent invention that did much to standardize English spelling was the printing press. However, before its invention even the most literate people recorded their names according to sound rather than spelling. The spelling variations under which the name Deline has appeared include Dalling, Dawling, Douling, Dauling, Dallinger and others.
Early Notables of the Deline family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deline Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deline migration to the United States +
At this time, the shores of the New World beckoned many English families that felt that the social climate in England was oppressive and lacked opportunity for change. Thousands left England at great expense in ships that were overcrowded and full of disease. A great portion of these settlers never survived the journey and even a greater number arrived sick, starving, and without a penny. The survivors, however, were often greeted with greater opportunity than they could have experienced back home. These English settlers made significant contributions to those colonies that would eventually become the United States and Canada. An examination of early immigration records and passenger ship lists revealed that people bearing the name Deline arrived in North America very early:
Deline Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Henry Deline, who arrived in Maryland in 1678 
- Peter Deline, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1682 
Contemporary Notables of the name Deline (post 1700) +
- Jason Deline, Canadian actor, voice actor, director, casting director, producer, writer and comedian from Toronto, best known for his role as Ernie in Ready or Not
Related Stories +
- ^ Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds., Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8)
- ^ Mills, A.D., Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4)
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)