Conniff History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Conniff family
The surname Conniff was first found in Connacht (Irish: Connachta, (land of the) descendants of Conn), where they held a family seat as chiefs of their name. Irish history was greatly influenced by the Norman invasion of 1172, and thereafter, the surnames of Irish Gaelic clanns and septs and many of the Norman families became almost indistinguishable. This family name was found later in Leitrim.
Important Dates for the Conniff family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Conniff research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Conniff History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Conniff Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Conniff, Cunniff, Cunniffe, Conniffe, Coniff, MacNiff, MacAdoo, McAdoo, MacCunniffe, MacCuniff, MacEndo, MacEndoo, McNiff, McIndoo, MacIndoo and many more.
Early Notables of the Conniff family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Conniff Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Conniff migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Conniff Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Richard Conniff, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
Conniff Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Patrick Conniff, aged 33, who settled in America from Ballyhaunis, Ireland, in 1907
- Mary Conniff, aged 22, who landed in America from Oranmore, Ireland, in 1908
- Edward Conniff, aged 31, who immigrated to the United States from Dublin, Ireland, in 1911
- Kathleen Conniff, aged 18, who landed in America from Monte, Ireland, in 1911
- Mary Conniff, aged 40, who immigrated to the United States from Roscommon, Ireland, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Conniff (post 1700)
- John Robinson Conniff Sr. (1874-1957), American educator from New Orleans, Louisiana, 7th President of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana (1926-1928)
- Frank Conniff (b. 1956), American writer and actor, best known for his portrayal of TV's Frank on Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Joseph Raymond "Ray" Conniff (1916-2002), American bandleader and arranger, best known for his Ray Conniff Singers
- Ruth Conniff (b. 1968), American journalist
- Richard Conniff, American non-fiction writer, specializing in human and animal behavior
- Frank Conniff (1914-1971), American journalist and editor, recipient of the Pulitzer Prize (1956)
- Thomas Conniff, American politician, Member of Minnesota State House of Representatives 13th District, 1864 
- Lucy C. Conniff, American Democrat politician, Member of Connecticut Democratic State Central Committee, 1940; Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Danbury; Elected 1948 
- Frank Conniff, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 26th District, 1964 
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html