Ainge History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Ainge is part of the ancient legacy of the Anglo-Saxon tribes of Britain. It is a product of when the family lived in an area that was referred to as the ing, which means the meadow. The name could also have been a baptismal name as in son of Inge.
Early Origins of the Ainge family
The surname Ainge was first found in Leicestershire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Ainge family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ainge research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1315, 1684, 1527 and 1528 are included under the topic Early Ainge History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ainge Spelling Variations
The first dictionaries that appeared in the last few hundred years did much to standardize the English language. Before that time, spelling variations in names were a common occurrence. The language was changing, incorporating pieces of other languages, and the spelling of names changed with it. Ainge has been spelled many different ways, including Inge, Ing and others.
Early Notables of the Ainge family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ainge Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ainge migration to Australia
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Ainge Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Henry Ainge, aged 21, a labourer, who arrived in South Australia in 1856 aboard the ship "Blundell"
- Thomas Ainge, aged 24, a labourer, who arrived in South Australia in 1856 aboard the ship "Blundell"
Contemporary Notables of the name Ainge (post 1700)
- Austin Ainge (b. 1981), American basketball coach, scout, and former collegiate player
- Erik Douglas Ainge (b. 1986), retired American NFL football quarterback
- Daniel Ray "Danny" Ainge (b. 1959), American basketball executive and retired professional basketball player
- Simon Christopher Ainge (b. 1988), English footballer from Shipley, West Yorkshire
Historic Events for the Ainge family
- Mr. Edward Ainge, British Linen Keeper from United Kingdom who worked aboard the Empress of Ireland and died in the sinking 
- ^ Commemoration Empress of Ireland 2014. (Retrieved 2014, June 17) . Retrieved from http://www.empress2014.ca/seclangen/listepsc1.html