on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Warnick family come from? When did the Warnick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Warnick family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Warnock, MacGilvernock, Warnick, Warnoch, McIlvernock, M'Illvernoche and many more.
First found in Ayrshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Inbhir Àir), formerly a county in the southwestern Strathclyde region of Scotland, that today makes up the Council Areas of South, East, and North Ayrshire, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say before the Norman invasion of 1066. They were originally a sept of the Grahams and known as the Mac-Gille-Warnocks, and gave their name to the parish of Gaitgillmakkilwernock in Kirkcudbrightshire. The Clan was more properly known as the MacIlvernocks.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Warnick research. Another 168 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1185, 1320, 1489, 1602, and 1688 are included under the topic Early Warnick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Warnick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Warnick family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 264 words(19 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Warnick Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Daniel and William Warnick arrived in Philadelphia in 1806
- Richard Warnick, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1851
- John George Warnick, who arrived in Arkansas in 1886
Warnick Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mary Warnick, aged 26, who emigrated to America from Sligo, in 1903
- George R. Warnick, who landed in America, in 1908
- David Warnick, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States from Ballymoney, Ireland, in 1911
- Dora Warnick, aged 24, who landed in America from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1912
- Hannah Warnick, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1912
Warnick Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- George Warnick, aged 46, who emigrated to Toronto, Canada, in 1910
- Nelly Warnick, aged 39, who emigrated to Toronto, Canada, in 1910
- George Warnick, aged 36, who landed in St. John's Newfoundland, in 1913
- Kim Warnick (b. 1959), American musician, co-founder, bassist, and lead vocalist of the Seattle band Fastbacks
- Judith Warnick, American politician of the Republican Party
- Martine, Roddy, Roderick Martine and Don Pottinger. Scottish Clan and Family Names Their Arms, Origins and Tartans. Edinburgh: Mainstream, 1992. Print.
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. Acts of Malcom IV 1153-65 Volume I Regesta Regum Scottorum 1153-1424. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1960. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Catholic Directory For Scotland. Glasgow: Burns Publications. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. The Charters of David I The Written Acts of David I King of Scots, 1124-53 and of His Son Henry, Earl of Northumerland, 1139-52. Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 1999. Print.
- Fairbairn,. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Socts Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Modern Application of the Art of Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
This page was last modified on 11 January 2015 at 13:43.
on orders of $85 or more