Cabe History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Cabe family comes from the ancient Scottish Dalriadan clans of the mountainous west coast of Scotland. The name Cabe is derived from the Gaelic form Mac-Aba, which means son of the Abbot.
Early Origins of the Cabe family
The surname Cabe was first found in on the Isle of Arran, where they held a family seat from early times. The family name Cabe first appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Early History of the Cabe family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cabe research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cabe History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cabe Spelling Variations
Translation in medieval times was an undeveloped science and was often carried out without due care. For this reason, many early Scottish names appeared radically altered when written in English. The spelling variations of Cabe include MacCabe, McCabe, McAbe, MacAbe and others.
Early Notables of the Cabe family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Cabe Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cabe family to Ireland
Some of the Cabe family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 72 words (5 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cabe migration to the United States
The hardy Scots who made the crossing settled all along the east coast of North America and in the great west that was just then opening up. At the time of the American War of Independence, many United Empire Loyalists moved north from the American colonies to Canada. Scottish national heritage became better known in North America in the 20th century through highland games and other patriotic events. An examination of immigration records and passenger ship lists revealed that people bearing the name Cabe arrived in North America very early:
Cabe Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Cabe, who landed in Virginia in 1704 
Cabe Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro Cabe, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1823 
Contemporary Notables of the name Cabe (post 1700)
- Jakie Cabe, American actor and writer, known for Kiddy Grade (2002), Dragon Ball Z (1989) and Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files (1992)
- Charles Cabe, American Republican politician, Chair of Clark County Republican Party, 2003 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html