Early Origins of the Whitsitt family
The surname Whitsitt was first found in Lanarkshire
(Gaelic: Siorrachd Lannraig) a former county in the central Strathclyde region of Scotland
, now divided into the Council Areas of North Lanarkshire
, South Lanarkshire, and the City of Glasgow, where they held a family seat
on the lands of Whiteside from very early times.
Early History of the Whitsitt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Whitsitt research.Another 171 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Whitsitt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Whitsitt Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Whitsitt family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Whitsitt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Whitsitt family to Ireland
Some of the Whitsitt family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 211 words (15 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Whitsitt family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Whitsitt Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- William H. Whitsitt, aged 32, who arrived in America, in 1905
- Harold Whitsitt, aged 25, who arrived in America, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name Whitsitt (post 1700)
- William Heth Whitsitt, American Baptist preacher, eponym of The Whitsitt Controversy
- Bob Whitsitt, American retired sports executive for the NBA and NFL, former General Manager for: the Seattle SuperSonics, the Portland Trail Blazers and the Seattle Seahawks
- Joshua Thomas Hoskins Whitsitt (1870-1943), Irish-born, Australian politician, Member of the Australian Parliament for Darwin (1922-1925)