on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Whiteside family come from? What is the Scottish Whiteside family crest and coat of arms? When did the Whiteside family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Whiteside family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Whiteside, Whitesides and others.
First found in Lanarkshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Lannraig) a former county in the central Strathclyde region of Scotland, now divided into the Council Areas of North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, and the City of Glasgow, where they held a family seat on the lands of Whiteside from very early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Whiteside research. Another 171 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Whiteside History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Whiteside Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Whiteside family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 211 words (15 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Whiteside Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Hellen Whiteside, who landed in Virginia in 1677
Whiteside Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Whiteside, who arrived in New York, NY in 1803
- John and Ann Whiteside arrived in New York State in 1803
- Ann Whiteside, who arrived in New York, NY in 1803
- Thomas Whiteside, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1808
- William Whiteside, who landed in New York, NY in 1816
Whiteside Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Robert Ferguson Whiteside, who landed in Canada in 1841
Whiteside Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Ann Whiteside, aged 19, a domestic servant, arrived in South Australia in 1849 aboard the ship "Eliza"
- Anne Whiteside arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Eliza" in 1849
- John Whiteside arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Harpley" in 1849
Whiteside Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- E. T. Whiteside arrived in Lyttelton, New Zealand aboard the ship "Balaklava" in 1864
- N. E. Whiteside, American politician, Member of California State Assembly 15th District, 1858-59
- Phinehas Whiteside, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Albany County, 1779-80
- Samuel A. Whiteside (1783-1868), American politician, Member of Illinois State House of Representatives, 1819-21
- Thomas C. Whiteside, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Washington County 1st District, 1851
- Thomas W. Whiteside, American politician, Mayor of Spartanburg, South Carolina, 1953
- Vernon Whiteside, American politician, Mayor of Pasadena, Texas, 1951-53
- William Whiteside, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Washington and Clinton counties, 1793-94
- J. O. Whiteside, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kansas, 1960
- Hugh Whiteside, American politician, Mayor of Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1883-85
- Henry Whiteside, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Washington County, 1828
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. The Charters of David I The Written Acts of David I King of Scots, 1124-53 and of His Son Henry, Earl of Northumerland, 1139-52. Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 1999. Print.
- Bain, Robert. The Clans and Tartans of Scotland. Glasgow & London: Collins, 1968. Print. (ISBN 000411117-6).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Socts Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Modern Application of the Art of Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Skene, William Forbes Edition. Chronicles of the Picts, Chronicles of the Scots and Other Early Memorials of Scottish History. Edinburgh: H.M. General Register House, 1867. Print.
The Whiteside Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Whiteside Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 November 2015 at 01:56.
on orders of $85 or more