Trivett History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Trivett family
The surname Trivett was first found in Somerset where one of the first records of the family was found in the year 1206 when Hugh Truet was recorded with estates in that shire.
Nicholas Trivet or Trevet (1258?-1328), was an early English historian, "the son of sir Thomas Trevet (d. 1283), who, according to Leland, was of a Norfolk family; but more probably the Trevets were connected with Somerset. Thomas Trevet was a justice itinerant for Dorset and the neighbouring counties from 1268 to 1271. When Norwich Cathedral was burnt by rioters in August 1272, Trevet was sent to try the malefactors. " 
Sir Thomas Trivet (d. 1388), was an English soldier, "a member of a Somerset family, to which Nicholas Trivet, the historian, and his father, Sir Thomas Trivet, the judge, probably belonged. A Thomas Trivet held lands at Chilton Tryvet, Otterhampton, and North Petherton, Somerset, in 1316. Sir Thomas Trivet was perhaps son of the John Trivet who represented Somerset in the parliament of January 1348. " 
Early History of the Trivett family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trivett research. Another 88 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1310, 1391, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Trivett History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Trivett Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Trivett, Trivitt, Treavitt, Treavett, Trevitt, Trevett, Triffit, Trifitt, Triffitt, Tryvett and many more.
Early Notables of the Trivett family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Trivett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Trivett migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Trivett Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Louis O. Trivett, aged 45, who settled in America from Nottingham, in 1905
- Mabel Trivett, who landed in America, in 1909
- Rhoda Trivett, who immigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Cath. Trivett, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from Rothesay, Scotland, in 1909
- George H. Trivett, who immigrated to America, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Trivett migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Trivett Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Thomas Trivett, aged 19, who arrived in South Australia in 1852 aboard the ship "Steadfast" 
Contemporary Notables of the name Trivett (post 1700) +
- M. F. Trivett, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kansas, 1908 
- Captain J.T. Trivett, Canadian commander of the Hudson's Bay Company barque Princess Royal in 1859-1861, eponym of Trivett Point, British Columbia, Canada
- Dr. Neil Trivett (d. 2002), Canadian climate scientist, eponym of The Dr. Neil Trivett Global Atmosphere Watch Observatory, Alert, Nunavut, Canada
- Richard Murray "Ric" Trivett (b. 1943), Australian former rugby union player who played for the Wallabies National Team in 1966
Related Stories +