Trivett History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Trivett family
The surname Trivett was first found in Somerset
where they held a family seat
. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1206 when Hugh Truet was recorded with estates in that shire.
Early History of the Trivett family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Trivett research.Another 273 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1310, 1391, 1455, and 1487 are included under the topic Early Trivett History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Trivett Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Trivett, Trivitt, Treavitt, Treavett, Trevitt, Trevett, Triffit, Trifitt, Triffitt, Tryvett and many more.
Early Notables of the Trivett family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Trivett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Trivett family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Trivett Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Louis O. Trivett, aged 45, who settled in America from Nottingham, in 1905
- Mabel Trivett, who landed in America, in 1909
- Rhoda Trivett, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Cath. Trivett, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Rothesay, Scotland, in 1909
- George H. Trivett, who emigrated to America, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Trivett Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Thomas Trivett, aged 19, who arrived in South Australia in 1852 aboard the ship "Steadfast" CITATION[CLOSE]
South Australian Register Tuesday 3 February 1852. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) STEADFAST 1852. Retrieved http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/steadfast1852.shtml
Contemporary Notables of the name Trivett (post 1700)
- M. F. Trivett, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kansas, 1908 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Captain J.T. Trivett, Canadian commander of the Hudson's Bay Company barque Princess Royal in 1859-1861, eponym of Trivett Point, British Columbia, Canada
- Dr. Neil Trivett (d. 2002), Canadian climate scientist, eponym of The Dr. Neil Trivett Global Atmosphere Watch Observatory, Alert, Nunavut, Canada
- Richard Murray "Ric" Trivett (b. 1943), Australian former rugby union player who played for the Wallabies National Team in 1966
Trivett Family Crest Products
- ^ South Australian Register Tuesday 3 February 1852. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) STEADFAST 1852. Retrieved http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/steadfast1852.shtml
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html