on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Tinney family come from? What is the English Tinney family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tinney family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tinney family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tinsley, Tinslie, Tinslay, Townsley, Tinsleigh, Tinsly, Townsleigh, Townslie, Townslay, Tounslie, Tounsleigh, Tounsly, Tounsley, Taunslie, Taunsley, Taunsleigh, Taunsly and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat anciently.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tinney research. Another 255 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tinney History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tinney Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Tinney family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 116 words(8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tinney Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Nath Tinney, who landed in Virginia in 1704
- William Tinney, who arrived in Virginia in 1709
- Allen "Al" Tinney (1921-2002), American jazz pianist
- Jessica Tinney (b. 1984), American beauty queen from Birmingham, Alabama, Miss Alabama 2005
- Harold Tinney, American patriarch of the Tinney family of Cumberland, Rhode Island, owner of Belcourt Castle, Newport, Rhode Island
- Stuart Tinney (b. 1964), Australian gold medalist equestrian rider at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
The Tinney Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tinney Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2014 at 12:26.
on orders of $85 or more