on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Tinney family come from? What is the English Tinney family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tinney family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tinney family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tinsley, Tinslie, Tinslay, Townsley, Tinsleigh, Tinsly, Townsleigh, Townslie, Townslay, Tounslie, Tounsleigh, Tounsly, Tounsley, Taunslie, Taunsley, Taunsleigh, Taunsly and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat anciently.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tinney research. Another 255 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tinney History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tinney Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Tinney family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 116 words(8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tinney Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Nath Tinney, who landed in Virginia in 1704
- William Tinney, who arrived in Virginia in 1709
- Allen "Al" Tinney (1921-2002), American jazz pianist
- Jessica Tinney (b. 1984), American beauty queen from Birmingham, Alabama, Miss Alabama 2005
- Harold Tinney, American patriarch of the Tinney family of Cumberland, Rhode Island, owner of Belcourt Castle, Newport, Rhode Island
- Stuart Tinney (b. 1964), Australian gold medalist equestrian rider at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
The Tinney Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tinney Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2014 at 12:26.
on orders of $85 or more