on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Tinney family come from? What is the English Tinney family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tinney family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tinney family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tinsley, Tinslie, Tinslay, Townsley, Tinsleigh, Tinsly, Townsleigh, Townslie, Townslay, Tounslie, Tounsleigh, Tounsly, Tounsley, Taunslie, Taunsley, Taunsleigh, Taunsly and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat anciently.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tinney research. Another 255 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tinney History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tinney Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Tinney family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 116 words(8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tinney Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Nath Tinney, who landed in Virginia in 1704
- William Tinney, who arrived in Virginia in 1709
- Allen "Al" Tinney (1921-2002), American jazz pianist
- Jessica Tinney (b. 1984), American beauty queen from Birmingham, Alabama, Miss Alabama 2005
- Harold Tinney, American patriarch of the Tinney family of Cumberland, Rhode Island, owner of Belcourt Castle, Newport, Rhode Island
- Stuart Tinney (b. 1964), Australian gold medalist equestrian rider at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Tinney Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tinney Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2014 at 12:26.
on orders of $85 or more