100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Spiller family come from? What is the English Spiller family crest and coat of arms? When did the Spiller family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Spiller family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Speller, Spiller, Spiler, Speler and others.
First found in Buckinghamshire where they held a family seat from ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Spiller research. Another 245 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1649, 1591 and 1637 are included under the topic Early Spiller History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Spiller Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Spiller Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Oliver Spiller settled in Virginia in 1654
- John Spiller settled in Maryland in 1663
- John Spiller, who arrived in Maryland in 1666
Spiller Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Michael Spiller, who arrived in Virginia in 1714
Spiller Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Spiller, who landed in America in 1811
- Ann Spiller, aged 22, landed in Massachusetts in 1813
- Samuel Spiller settled in Belfast, Maine in 1822
- Joseph Spiller arrived in New York city in 1823
- Heinrich Spiller, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1845
Spiller Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Robert Spiller arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Prince Regent" in 1839
- Mary Spiller arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Prince Regent" in 1839
- Sarah Spiller arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Prince Regent" in 1839
- Emanuel Spiller arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Prince Regent" in 1839
- Charlotte Spiller arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Prince Regent" in 1839
- Charlie Spiller (b. 1983), American football wide receiver
- Carlton T. Spiller, American poet, and lawyer, winner of the 2006 American Book Award
- Bill Spiller (1913-1988), American PGA golfer
- Clifford "C. J." Spiller Jr (b. 1987), American NFL football running back for the Buffalo Bills
- Pablo Spiller Ph.D., American Jeffrey A. Jacobs Distinguished Professor in Business and Technology Chair at the University of California (Berkeley)
- Michael Spiller (b. 1961), American Primetime Emmy Award winning television director and cinematographer
- Daniel "Danny" Spiller (b. 1981), English professional footballer
- Mr. Spiller, British Stoker 1st Class, who sailed in to battle on the HMS Prince of Wales and survived the sinking
- Mr. Bedford Spiller, British Boatswain, who sailed in to battle on the HMS Prince of Wales and survived the sinking
- Mr. Harold James Spiller (1918-1941), Australian Able Seaman from Balwyn, Victoria, Australia, who sailed into battle aboard HMAS Sydney II on the 19th November 1941 and died during the sinking
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
The Spiller Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Spiller Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 November 2014 at 15:27.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!