Simonton History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Simonton family
The surname Simonton was first found in Lanarkshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Lannraig) a former county in the central Strathclyde region of Scotland, now divided into the Council Areas of North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, and the City of Glasgow, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Early History of the Simonton family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Simonton research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1478, 1490, 1612, and 1789 are included under the topic Early Simonton History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Simonton Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Simington, Simmington, Symington, Symontown, Simonton, Simanton, Siminton and many more.
Early Notables of the Simonton family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Simonton Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Simonton is the 8,347th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Simonton family to Ireland
Some of the Simonton family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Simonton migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Simonton Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- William Simonton, who arrived in New England in 1718 
Simonton Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Simonton, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1813 
Contemporary Notables of the name Simonton (post 1700) +
- Charles Henry Simonton (1829-1904), United States federal judge
- Charles Bryson Simonton (1838-1911), American politician and a member of the United States Congress
- Ann J. Simonton (b. 1952), American writer, lecturer, media activist, and former fashion model
- William Simonton (1788-1846), Whig member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Ken Simonton (b. 1979), American football running back
- Frank Vince Simonton, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1932 
- E. B. Simonton, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Senator from Arizona, 1911 
- Clinton Simonton, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Maine 1st District, 1900 
- Charles Bryson Simonton (1838-1911), American Democratic Party politician, Member of Tennessee State Legislature; U.S. Representative from Tennessee 9th District, 1879-83; U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Tennessee, 1895-98 
- C. P. Simonton, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Tennessee, 1912 
- ... (Another 5 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 15) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html