on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Scroggins family come from? What is the English Scroggins family crest and coat of arms? When did the Scroggins family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Scroggins family history?The Scroggins surname is of uncertain origin, but was related to a Middle English word used to describe 'stunted growth' of foliage.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Scroggs, Scrogges, Scrogs, Scroggis, Scruggs, Scroggin, Scroggins and many more.
First found in Peebles-shire in the lands of Stobo where they held a family seat at Scrogges from the 12th century.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scroggins research. Another 231 words(16 lines of text) covering the years 1st , 1296, 1436, 1449, 1439, 1623, 1683, 1678 and 1681 are included under the topic Early Scroggins History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 67 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Scroggins Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scroggins Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Allen C. Scroggins, who landed in America, in 1908
- Jossie Scroggins, who settled in America, in 1908
- Lora Scroggins, aged 30, who emigrated to New York, NY, in 1917
Scroggins Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Jane Scroggins, aged 20, arrived in Saint John, NB aboard the ship "Cupid" in 1834
- Ted H. Scroggins (1918-1942), United States Navy radioman awarded the Air Medal posthumously, eponym of the USS Scroggins (DE-799)
- Mike Scroggins (b. 1964), American left-handed professional ten-pin bowler
- Tracy Scroggins (b. 1969), retired American NFL linebacker
- Deborah Scroggins (b. 1961), American journalist and author
- Lee Paul Scroggins (b. 1981), English footballer
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Scroggins Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Scroggins Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 November 2013 at 11:54.
on orders of $85 or more