on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Scotland family come from? What is the Scottish Scotland family crest and coat of arms? When did the Scotland family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Scotland family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Scotland, Scottland, Scotlan and others.
First found in Kinross-shire, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Scotland to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Scotland research. Another 199 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 117 and 1178 are included under the topic Early Scotland History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Scotland Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Scotland Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
Scotland Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- James Scotland settled in Virginia in 1774
- Robert Scotland settled in Maryland in 1775
Scotland Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Richard Scotland arrived in New York State in 1820
- Ellen Scotland, aged 22, a domestic servant, arrived in South Australia in 1858 aboard the ship "Frenchman"
Scotland Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Sarah Scotland arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Black Eagle" in 1861
- Andrew Scotland, aged 29, a labourer, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Resolute" in 1865
- Mary Scotland, aged 28, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Resolute" in 1865
- John Scotland arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Winterthur" in 1866
- Walter Scotland, aged 30, a pattern maker, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Rakaia" in 1878
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Scots Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Mordern Application of the Art and Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Donaldson, Gordon and Robert S. Morpeth. Who's Who In Scotish History. Wales: Welsh Academic Press, 1996. Print. (ISBN 186057-0054).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Adam, Frank. Clans Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands 8th Edition. London: Bacon (G.W.) & Co, 1970. Print. (ISBN 10-0717945006).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
The Scotland Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Scotland Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 October 2013 at 09:51.
on orders of $85 or more