on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Rymer family come from? What is the English Rymer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rymer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rymer family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rymour, Rymer, Rymor, Rhymer and others.
First found in Suffolk where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rymer research. Another 287 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1643, and 1713 are included under the topic Early Rymer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Rymer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rymer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Martha Rymer settled with her husband in Rapahanock in Virginia in 1729
- George Rymer settled in New England in 1772
Rymer Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Rymer arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Fairfield" in 1840
- Russ Rymer, American author and freelance journalist
- Pamela Ann Rymer (b. 1941), United States federal judge
- Terry Rymer (b. 1967), English retired motorcycle road racer turned truck racer
- Michael Rymer (b. 1963), Australian television and film director
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Rymer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rymer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 30 December 2012 at 10:04.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more