on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Rymer family come from? What is the English Rymer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rymer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rymer family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rymour, Rymer, Rymor, Rhymer and others.
First found in Suffolk where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rymer research. Another 287 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1643, and 1713 are included under the topic Early Rymer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Rymer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rymer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Martha Rymer settled with her husband in Rapahanock in Virginia in 1729
- George Rymer settled in New England in 1772
Rymer Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Rymer arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Fairfield" in 1840
- Russ Rymer, American author and freelance journalist
- Pamela Ann Rymer (b. 1941), United States federal judge
- Terry Rymer (b. 1967), English retired motorcycle road racer turned truck racer
- Michael Rymer (b. 1963), Australian television and film director
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
The Rymer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rymer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 April 2015 at 10:10.
on orders of $85 or more