Roldan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Roldan family
The surname Roldan was first found in Ayrshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Inbhir Àir), formerly a county in the southwestern Strathclyde region of Scotland, that today makes up the Council Areas of South, East, and North Ayrshire, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Scotland to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Richard Rollison is the fictional wealthy bachelor living in a Mayfair flat at 22 Gresham Terrace, nicknamed the Toff, by John Creasey (1908-1973) in his 60 Toff adevntures.
Early History of the Roldan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Roldan research. Another 139 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1184, 1196, 1296, 1555 and are included under the topic Early Roldan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Roldan Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rolland, Roland, Rowland, Rowlands, Rowlandson, Rolan and many more.
Early Notables of the Roldan family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Roldan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Roldan family to Ireland
Some of the Roldan family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 66 words (5 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Roldan migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Roldan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Roldan, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1802 
- Santiago Roldan, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1804 
- Bartolome Roldan, who arrived in America in 1811 
- Juan Roldan, who arrived in America in 1812 
- Pontalon Roldan, aged 24, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Roldan (post 1700) +
- Félix Sanz Roldan (b. 1945), Secretary of State-Director of the National Intelligence Centre, Spain
- Aristóbulo Domínguez Roldán, Paraguayan pianist and composer
- Francisco Domínguez Roldán, Cuban radiologist and politician
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)