on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Rochon family come from? What is the French Rochon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rochon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rochon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rochon, Le Rochon, Du Rochon, Lerochon, Durochon and others.
First found in Limousin where this eminent family held a family seat in the honor of the seigneurie of Lapeyrouse.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rochon research. Another 151 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1730, 1771, 1789, 1800, and 1817 are included under the topic Early Rochon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Rochon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rochon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Catherine, Henri, and Pierre Rochon settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1753
- Henri Rochon, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Pierre Rochon, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Etienne Rochon settled in Louisiana in 1756
- Augustin Rochon, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1764
Rochon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Rochon, who landed in Texas in 1854
- Oliver Rochon settled in Philadelphia in 1868
Rochon Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Gervais Rochon of Maine, France, who married Madelaine Guyon in St. Famille, Quebec in 1671
- Rear Admiral Stephen W. Rochon, the former American Director of the Executive Residence and White House Chief Usher
- Lela Rochon (b. 1964), Haitian-American actress
- Jean-Pierre-Maurice de Rochon, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815
- Alexis-Marie de Rochon (1741-1817), French astronomer, physicist and traveller
- Jean-Marie Rochon (1774-1837), French master carpenter and political figure in Lower Canada
- Charles Rochon (1673-1733), French colonist and was one of the four founders of modern-day Mobile, Alabama
- Danièle Rochon (b. 1946), Quebec painter
- Frank Rochon (b. 1953), retired Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Esther Rochon (b. 1948), Canadian science fiction writer
- Jean-Léo Rochon (1902-1988), Liberal party member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Rochon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rochon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 August 2015 at 15:11.
on orders of $85 or more