Rochin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Rochin family
The surname Rochin was first found in Limousin where this eminent family held a family seat in the honour of the seigneurie of Lapeyrouse.
Jean de La Rochelle, John of Rupella, and Johannes de Rupella (c. 1200-1245), was a French Franciscan and theologian. Born in La Rochelle, a seaport on the Bay of Biscay, France, he was a pupil of Alexander of Hales and was the first Franciscan to receive a bachelor's degree of theology from the University of Paris.
An important branch of this family moved to Maine and provided many of the migrants to North America. Notable amongst this family was Alexis-Marie Rochon, an astronomer, explorer, and member of the Academy of Sciences in 1771, who died in 1817, of note was his "Voyage à Madasgar". Chavannes de Rochon, dramatic author in 1730 to 1800, who wrote the opera "Les Pretendus" in 1789.
Early History of the Rochin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rochin research. More information is included under the topic Early Rochin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rochin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rochon, Le Rochon, Du Rochon, Lerochon, Durochon and many more.
Early Notables of the Rochin family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Rochin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Rochin family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Simon Rocheron of Maine, France, who was married in Chateau Richer Quebec in 1663; Gervais Rochon of Maine, France, who married Madelaine Guyon in St. Famille, Quebec in 1671.
Contemporary Notables of the name Rochin (post 1700) +
- Aaron Rochin, American sound engineer who won an Academy Award for The Deer Hunter (1978) and has been nominated eight other times
- Sergio Rochín, Spanish actor, known for Entre la tarde y la noche (2000), Mujer, casos de la vida real (1985) and Selección natural (2007)
- Paul Rochin (1890-1964), Polish actor, known for his roles in Around the World in 80 Days (1956), Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948) and Shall We Dance (1937)
- Roberto Rochín (b. 1954), Mexican two-time Ariel Award winning director and producer from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, known for Purgatorio (2008), Ulama (1986) and Un pedazo de noche (1995)
- Jorge Rochín (b. 1978), Mexican basketball player
Related Stories +