on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Reddy family come from? What is the Scottish Reddy family crest and coat of arms? When did the Reddy family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Reddy family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reddy, Reddie, Readdie, Reedie, Reidie and others.
First found in Angus (Gaelic: Aonghas), part of the Tayside region of northeastern Scotland, and present day Council Area of Angus, formerly known as Forfar or Forfarshire, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reddy research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) covering the year 1681 is included under the topic Early Reddy History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Reddy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Reddy family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 232 words(17 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Reddy Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elida Reddy, who landed in Virginia in 1702
- Alexander Reddy, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1746
Reddy Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edward Reddy, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1812
- Timothy Reddy, aged 34, arrived in New York in 1812
- James Reddy, who arrived in New York, NY in 1817
- John Reddy settled in Boston in 1823
- Owen Reddy, who arrived in New York, NY in 1824
Reddy Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mary Reddy arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Inconstant" in 1849
Reddy Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Thomas F. Reddy, aged 27, a farm labourer, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Honora Reddy, aged 31, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Maria Reddy, aged 1, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Mary Reddy, aged 28, a servant, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Rob Reddy, American singer
- Helen Reddy (b. 1941), Australian-born American singer and actress
- K.C. Reddy (1902-1976), the first Chief Minister of the old Mysore state (Karnataka) in India
- Kadiri Venkata Reddy (1912-1972), Director, Writer, Producer and Production Manager of Telugu films in Andhra Pradesh, India
- Liam Reddy (b. 1981), Australian footballer
- Joel Reddy (b. 1985), Australian professional rugby league footballer
- Michael Reddy (b. 1980), former Irish professional footballer
- Rod "Rocket" Reddy (b. 1954), Australian former rugby league footballer and coach
- Ramana Reddy (1921-1974), Indian actor and comedian
- Neelam Sanjiva Reddy (1913-1996), the sixth President of India
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Fulton, Alexander. Scotland and Her Tartans: The Romantic Heritage of the Scottish Clans and Families. Godalming: Bramley, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-86283-880-0).
- Moody David. Scottish Family History. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0806312688).
- Prebble, John. The Highland Clearances. London: Secker & Warburg, 1963. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Reddy Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Reddy Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 March 2012 at 09:04.
on orders of $85 or more