on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Reddy was first found in Angus
(Gaelic: Aonghas), part of the Tayside region of northeastern Scotland
, and present day Council Area of Angus
, formerly known as Forfar or Forfarshire
, where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reddy, Reddie, Readdie, Reedie, Reidie and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reddy research. Another 153 words (11 lines of text) covering the year 1681 is included under the topic Early Reddy History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Reddy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the Reddy family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 232 words (17 lines of text) about their life in Ireland
is included in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Reddy Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elida Reddy, who landed in Virginia in 1702
- Alexander Reddy, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1746
Reddy Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edward Reddy, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1812
- Timothy Reddy, aged 34, arrived in New York in 1812
- James Reddy, who arrived in New York, NY in 1817
- John Reddy settled in Boston in 1823
- Owen Reddy, who arrived in New York, NY in 1824
Reddy Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mary Reddy arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Inconstant" in 1849
Reddy Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Thomas F. Reddy, aged 27, a farm labourer, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Honora Reddy, aged 31, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Maria Reddy, aged 1, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Mary Reddy, aged 28, a servant, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Helen Reddy (b. 1941), Australian-born American singer and actress
- William E. Reddy, American politician, Speaker of the Rhode Island State House of Representatives, 1933-37
- William A. Reddy, American politician, First Selectman of Killingly, Connecticut, 1947-57
- Sai Reddy, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Georgia, 2008
- Narrender Reddy (b. 1955), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Georgia, 2004, 2008 (alternate)
- John H. Reddy, American politician, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 1953, 1961-69
- Bob Reddy, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Cadillac, Michigan, 2003
- Rob Reddy, American singer
- Keerthi Reddy (b. 1978), Indian actress
- Marri Channa Reddy (1919-1996), Indian politician active in several states
- Fulton, Alexander. Scotland and Her Tartans: The Romantic Heritage of the Scottish Clans and Families. Godalming: Bramley, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-86283-880-0).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry Including American Families with British Ancestry 2 Volumes. London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Browne, James. The History of Scotland it's Highlands, Regiments and Clans 8 Volumes. Edinburgh: Francis A Niccolls & Co, 1909. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Dorward, David. Scottish Surnames. Glasgow: Harper Collins, 1995. Print.
The Reddy Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Reddy Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 December 2015 at 09:12.
on orders of $85 or more