100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Reddy family come from? What is the Scottish Reddy family crest and coat of arms? When did the Reddy family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Reddy family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reddy, Reddie, Readdie, Reedie, Reidie and others.
First found in Angus (Gaelic: Aonghas), part of the Tayside region of northeastern Scotland, and present day Council Area of Angus, formerly known as Forfar or Forfarshire, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reddy research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) covering the year 1681 is included under the topic Early Reddy History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Reddy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Reddy family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 232 words(17 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Reddy Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elida Reddy, who landed in Virginia in 1702
- Alexander Reddy, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1746
Reddy Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edward Reddy, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1812
- Timothy Reddy, aged 34, arrived in New York in 1812
- James Reddy, who arrived in New York, NY in 1817
- John Reddy settled in Boston in 1823
- Owen Reddy, who arrived in New York, NY in 1824
Reddy Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mary Reddy arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Inconstant" in 1849
Reddy Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Thomas F. Reddy, aged 27, a farm labourer, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Honora Reddy, aged 31, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Maria Reddy, aged 1, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Mary Reddy, aged 28, a servant, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1879
- Helen Reddy (b. 1941), Australian-born American singer and actress
- Rob Reddy, American singer
- Keerthi Reddy (b. 1978), Indian actress
- Marri Channa Reddy (1919-1996), Indian politician active in several states
- Sriya Reddy (b. 1983), Indian film actress
- Neelam Sanjiva Reddy (1913-1996), the sixth President of India
- Ramana Reddy (1921-1974), Indian actor and comedian
- Rod "Rocket" Reddy (b. 1954), Australian former rugby league footballer and coach
- Michael Reddy (b. 1980), former Irish professional footballer
- Joel Reddy (b. 1985), Australian professional rugby league footballer
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and Don Pottinger. Clan Map Scotland of Old. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1983. Print.
- Black, George F. The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3).
- Fairbairn,. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
The Reddy Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Reddy Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 March 2012 at 09:04.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!