on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Scottish Pridemore family come from? What is the Scottish Pridemore family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pridemore family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pridemore family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pryde, Pride, Prid, Pryd and others.
First found in Lanarkshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Lannraig) a former county in the central Strathclyde region of Scotland, now divided into the Council Areas of North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, and the City of Glasgow, where they held a family seat. Originally believed to be a junior branch of the Prideaux family, of which the senior branch was descended from Pagenus de Prideaux of Prideaux Castle in Cornwall. The junior branch was granted lands in Larnarkshire, Scotland about 1140 by King David of Scotland. Several of the name Prid or Pryde were registered in the area in the late 13th century.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pridemore research. Another 183 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1272, 1296, 1521, 1567, and 1650 are included under the topic Early Pridemore History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 53 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Pridemore Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pridemore Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Reubin Pridemore arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Mariner" in 1847
- Tom Pridemore (b. 1956), American former NFL safety from West Virginia for the Atlanta Falcons and a legislator
- John Samuel "J. S." Pridemore (b. 1871), American wealthy oil industrialist and politician, Member of the West Virginia House of Delegates (1934-1940)
- Don Pridemore (b. 1946), American politician, Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly (2005-)
- Craig A. Pridemore (b. 1961), American politician, Member of the Washington Senate (2005-2013)
- Brook Pridemore (b. 1979), American singer-songwriter in New York City
- Auburn Lorenzo Pridemore (1837-1900), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Virginia (1877-1897)
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. Acts of Malcom IV 1153-65 Volume I Regesta Regum Scottorum 1153-1424. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1960. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. Scots Heraldry A Practical Handbook on the Historical Principles and Mordern Application of the Art and Science. London: Oliver and Boyd, 1934. Print.
- Fairbairn,. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Adam, Frank. Clans Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands 8th Edition. London: Bacon (G.W.) & Co, 1970. Print. (ISBN 10-0717945006).
The Pridemore Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pridemore Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 May 2015 at 13:50.
on orders of $85 or more