Pirrie History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Pirrie family
The surname Pirrie was first found in Aberdeenshire
(Gaelic: Siorrachd Obar Dheathain), a historic county, and present day Council Area of Aberdeen, located in the Grampian region of northeastern Scotland
, where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Scotland
to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Early History of the Pirrie family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pirrie research.Another 163 words (12 lines of text) covering the year 1550 is included under the topic Early Pirrie History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pirrie Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Pirrie family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Pirrie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Pirrie family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: John Pirry settled in Pennsylvania in 1773.
Contemporary Notables of the name Pirrie (post 1700)
- Daniel Pirrie, American actor, known for The Awakening (2011), Diana (2013) and Christmas Eve (2015)
- Julien Pirrie, American two-time Motion Picture Sound Editor nominated sound editor, known for Carol (2015) and Blue Bloods (2013-2016)
- Chloe Pirrie (b. 1987), Scottish actress, known for her roles in Youth (2015), Shell (2012) and Stutterer (2015)
- Bruce Pirrie (b. 1991), Canadian writer and actor, known for The Red Green Show, These Foolish Things (1977) and Facebook of Revelations: Jesus 2.0 (2008)
- Stephen Pirrie (b. 1961), former Australian rules footballer
- William James Pirrie KP, PC (1847-1924), 1st Viscount Pirrie, Canadian-born, Irish shipbuilder and businessman, chairman of Harland and Wolff, shipbuilders (1895 to 1924), and Lord Mayor of Belfast (1896 to 1898)
Historic Events for the Pirrie family
- Miss Henrietta Pirrie, Scottish 2nd Class passenger residing in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada returning to England to be married, who sailed aboard the RMS Lusitania and died in the sinking CITATION[CLOSE]
Lusitania Passenger List - The Lusitania Resource. (Retrieved 2014, March 6) . Retrieved from http://www.rmslusitania.info/lusitania-passenger-list/
Pirrie Family Crest Products
- ^ Lusitania Passenger List - The Lusitania Resource. (Retrieved 2014, March 6) . Retrieved from http://www.rmslusitania.info/lusitania-passenger-list/
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!