Pearot History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Pearot is one of the names carried to England in the great wave of migration from Normandy following the Norman Conquest in 1066. It is based on the name Peter. This name was a baptismal name that was originally derived from the French name Pierre and was a diminutive of the name Parrot, which means little Peter.
Interestingly, the English word "parrot," for the talking bird, was not in use until the 16th century, much later than this word's use as a surname.
Another source claims the name was originally "De Perrott from Castel Perrott, which he built in Armorica (Brittany), and the town of Perrott, one league from it. He came over to England in 957, and obtained some lands in Wessex, on a river which changed its name to the Perrot (now corrupted to the Parret), in Somersetshire." 
Early Origins of the Pearot family
The surname Pearot was first found in Pembrokeshire where they were granted the lands of Ystington, Haroldston, and Carew Castle in that shire by King William for their assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.  Sir Stephen Perrott married Helen, the daughter of Marchion Ap Rice, Prince of South Wales at the beginning of the 12th century. "The valour and magnanimity of Sir Stephen gained him the respect and love of the Princess Ellyn's people. Their son, Sir Andrew, claimed the kingdom of Wales, in right of his mother, and collected a body of forces in assertion of his right, but the King of England marched a numerous army into the country to take advantage of the disorders; the knowledge of which and a sum of money offered by the English king, through the Bishop of St. David's, brought him to declare for that prince, who knighted him, on his doing homage for the land for twenty miles round Sir William's camp, whereon he built the Castle of Narbeth, whose ruins are extant in Pembroke." 
Thorp Perrot Hall is a large 18th-century country house standing in an estate on the northern edge of Snape village. North Perrot(t) is a parish, in the union of Yeovil, hundred of Houndsborough, Berwick, and Coker, W. division of Somerset and South Perrot(t) is a parish, in the union of Beaminster, hundred of Beaminster-Forum, and Redhone, Bridport division of Dorset. 
"The name of Parrott, probably a form of Perrett or Perrott, a common Somersetshire name, is better represented in Buckinghamshire, and is referred to also under that county. There was a gentle family of Parratt in the parish of Enstone [Oxfordshire] during the reign of Elizabeth." 
Early feudal rolls provided the king of the time a method of cataloguing holdings for taxation, but today they provide a glimpse into the wide surname spellings in use at that time. Ralph Perot was listed in Essex in 1235 and later in the Hundredorum Rolls of 1273 in Bedfordshire. William Poret was found in the Subsidy Rolls for Yorkshire in 1301; and John Parrat was in early London records in 1344. 
Early History of the Pearot family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pearot research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1583, 1550, 1571, 1636, 1597, 1604, 1622, 1626, 1629, 1601, 1608, 1611, 1617, 1683, 1659, 1679, 1617, 1683, 1677, 1679, 1659, 1528, 1592, 1579 and 1671 are included under the topic Early Pearot History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pearot Spelling Variations
Norman surnames are characterized by a multitude of spelling variations. The frequent changes in surnames are largely due to the fact that the Old and Middle English languages lacked definite spelling rules. The introduction of Norman French to England, as well as the official court languages of Latin and French, also had pronounced influences on the spelling of surnames. Since medieval scribes and church officials recorded names as they sounded, rather than adhering to any specific spelling rules, it was common to find the same individual referred to with different spellings. The name has been spelled Perrot, Parrott, Parrot, Perrott, Perot, Perott, Perrett and many more.
Early Notables of the Pearot family (pre 1700)
Outstanding amongst the family at this time was Rober Perrot (died 1550), English organist of Magdalen College, Oxford, second son of George Perrot of Harroldston, Pembrokeshire; Sir James Perrot (1571-1636), a Welsh writer and politician, Member of Parliament for Haverfordwest in 1597, (1604-1622) and (1626-1629), Custos Rotulorum of Pembrokeshire...
Migration of the Pearot family to Ireland
Some of the Pearot family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Migration of the Pearot family
Many English families emigrated to North American colonies in order to escape the political chaos in Britain at this time. Unfortunately, many English families made the trip to the New World under extremely harsh conditions. Overcrowding on the ships caused the majority of the immigrants to arrive diseased, famished, and destitute from the long journey across the stormy Atlantic. Despite these hardships, many of the families prospered and went on to make invaluable contributions to the development of the cultures of the United States and Canada. Early North American immigration records have revealed a number of people bearing the name Pearot or a variant listed above: Jean Perot who settled in New York State in 1685; together with Martha and Meta; John Perott settled in New York in 1762; Samuel Perrot settled in Barbados in 1678.
The motto was originally a war cry or slogan. Mottoes first began to be shown with arms in the 14th and 15th centuries, but were not in general use until the 17th century. Thus the oldest coats of arms generally do not include a motto. Mottoes seldom form part of the grant of arms: Under most heraldic authorities, a motto is an optional component of the coat of arms, and can be added to or changed at will; many families have chosen not to display a motto.
Motto: Amo ut invenio
Motto Translation: I love as I find