Norville History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Norville was originally a habitation name, that is, a surname derived from a place-name. The Norville family took the name of a town of Normanville in the French province of Normandy, prior to emigration to Britain.
Early Origins of the Norville family
The surname Norville was first found in Berwickshire an ancient county of Scotland, presently part of the Scottish Borders Council Area, located in the eastern part of the Borders Region of Scotland, where they held a family seat being descended from John of Normanville in Yvetot in Normandy. Conjecturally, this John was granted lands by King David of Scotland while he was Earl of Huntingdon in England. John de Normanville followed the king and was granted his lands in Berwick in 1124.
Important Dates for the Norville family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Norville research. Another 118 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1242 and 1605 are included under the topic Early Norville History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Norville Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Normanville, Normanmile, Normanvill, Normansvill, Normanswell, Normansell, Norvell, Norval, Norvall, Norvill, Norville, Norvel, Norvell, Norvyle, Norwald, Norwell, Norvaile and many more.
Early Notables of the Norville family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Norville Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Norville migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Norville Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Norville Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Sa Norville, who landed in Virginia in 1664 
Norville Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Wm. Norville, who landed in America, in 1908
- Ralph Norville, aged 1, who landed in America from Panama, Panama, in 1917
- Wilbert Norville, aged 5, who settled in America from Panama, Panama, in 1917
- Edward Norville, aged 31, who immigrated to America, in 1920
- J. Norville, aged 19, who landed in America, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Norville (post 1700)
- Deborah Norville (b. 1958), American television broadcaster and journalist
- W. N. Norville, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Missouri 2nd District, 1884 
- Jason Norville (b. 1983), Trinidadian footballer
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, April 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html