100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Moyle family come from? What is the English Moyle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Moyle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Moyle family history?The Moyle name is derived from the Cornish word "moyl," meaning "bald," as such, it may have evolved from a nickname.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moyle, Moil, Moile, Moyles, Muyle and others.
First found in Cornwall where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor of Bake. Cornwall was a land set apart, a land of mystique and quaint customs, more strongly related to Brittany and Wales than to England. It was not until the 10th century that they submitted to the Saxon rule of England. Since then, their influence has moved east into Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moyle research. Another 419 words(30 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1079, 1142, 1149, 1162, 1535, 1200, 1290, 1465, 1542, 1660, 1664, 1480, 1592, 1661, 1500, 1560, 1541, 1544, 1604, 1592, 1661, 1627, 1701, 1654, 1656, 1671, 1672 and 1721 are included under the topic Early Moyle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 249 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Moyle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moyle Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Dorothy Moyle, who settled in Virginia in 1635
- Dorothy Moyle, aged 24, arrived in Virginia in 1635
- Wm Moyle, who arrived in Virginia in 1650
- Roger Moyle, who settled in Virginia in 1652
- Roger Moyle, who arrived in Virginia in 1652
Moyle Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henry Moyle, who came to Virginia in 1715
- Henry Moyle, who arrived in Virginia in 1715
Moyle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Moyle, aged 1, landed in New York, NY in 1842
- Susan Moyle, aged 34, arrived in New York, NY in 1842
- Thomas Moyle, aged 29, landed in New York, NY in 1842
- W Moyle, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- William Moyle, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1853
Moyle Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Henrietta Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Abberton" in 1846
- Walter Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Abberton" in 1846
- Ann Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Aboukir" in 1847
- Elizabeth Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Aboukir" in 1847
- John Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Aboukir" in 1847
Moyle Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Loftus Moyle arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Cashmere" in 1851
- Joseph Moyle, aged 24, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Schiehallion" in 1872
- Elizabeth Moyle, aged 27, a servant, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Queen of The Age" in 1874
- Henry D Moyle (1889-1963), American counselor in the LDS church
- Allan Moyle (b. 1947), Canadian film-maker, actor and screenwriter
- Dr. Peter B Moyle, professor of Biology at the University of California, Davis
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Moyle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Moyle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2013 at 14:14.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!