on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Moyle family come from? What is the English Moyle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Moyle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Moyle family history?The Moyle name is derived from the Cornish word "moyl," meaning "bald," as such, it may have evolved from a nickname.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Moyle, Moil, Moile, Moyles, Muyle and others.
First found in Cornwall where the surname is "not from mule, as the family appear to have imagined when they assumed the arms, 'Gules, a moyle or mule passant argent;' but from a place in or contiguous to the parish of St. Minovor. " 
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Moyle research. Another 419 words (30 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1079, 1142, 1149, 1162, 1535, 1200, 1290, 1465, 1542, 1660, 1664, 1480, 1592, 1661, 1500, 1560, 1541, 1544, 1604, 1592, 1661, 1627, 1701, 1654, 1656, 1671, 1672 and 1721 are included under the topic Early Moyle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 249 words (18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Moyle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Moyle Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Dorothy Moyle, who settled in Virginia in 1635
- Dorothy Moyle, aged 24, arrived in Virginia in 1635
- Wm Moyle, who arrived in Virginia in 1650
- Roger Moyle, who settled in Virginia in 1652
- Roger Moyle, who arrived in Virginia in 1652
Moyle Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henry Moyle, who came to Virginia in 1715
- Henry Moyle, who arrived in Virginia in 1715
Moyle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Moyle, aged 1, landed in New York, NY in 1842
- Susan Moyle, aged 34, arrived in New York, NY in 1842
- Thomas Moyle, aged 29, landed in New York, NY in 1842
- W Moyle, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- William Moyle, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1853
Moyle Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Henrietta Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Abberton" in 1846
- Walter Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Abberton" in 1846
- Ann Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Aboukir" in 1847
- Elizabeth Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Aboukir" in 1847
- John Moyle arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Aboukir" in 1847
Moyle Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Loftus Moyle arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Cashmere" in 1851
- Joseph Moyle, aged 24, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Schiehallion" in 1872
- Elizabeth Moyle, aged 27, a servant, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Queen of The Age" in 1874
- S. Moyle, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Wyoming at-large, 1964
- Michael J. Moyle, American Republican politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates 3rd District; Elected 1974
- Jon C. Moyle, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Florida, 1972
- James Henry Moyle (1858-1946), American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Senator from Utah, 1914; Member of Democratic National Committee from Utah, 1916-20
- Henry D. Moyle, American politician, U.S. Attorney for Utah, 1921
- Cindy Moyle (b. 1953), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Idaho, 1988, 2004, 2008; Member of Republican National Committee from Idaho, 2008
- Henry D Moyle (1889-1963), American counselor in the LDS church
- Dr. Peter B Moyle, professor of Biology at the University of California, Davis
- Allan Moyle (b. 1947), Canadian film-maker, actor and screenwriter
- ^ Lowe, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
The Moyle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Moyle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 October 2015 at 15:03.
on orders of $85 or more