Mincher History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Mincher family
The surname Mincher was first found in Worcestershire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1190 when Peter Michin held estates in that shire.
Important Dates for the Mincher family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mincher research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1381, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Mincher History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mincher Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Minchin, Mincin, Mincing, Minchen, Minchan, Minch, Minken, Minkin and many more.
Early Notables of the Mincher family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mincher Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mincher family to Ireland
Some of the Mincher family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 93 words (7 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mincher migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Mincher Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Mincher, who landed in Virginia in 1664 
Mincher Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Mincher, who arrived in Indiana in 1852 
- Lydia Mincher, aged 1, who immigrated to America from Motherwell, in 1893
- Mrs. J. Mincher, aged 25, who landed in America from Motherwell, in 1893
- Ch. Mincher, aged 3, who immigrated to the United States from Motherwell, in 1893
Mincher Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- C Mincher, aged 3, who landed in America from Bellshell, in 1903
- Jane Mincher, aged 41, who settled in America, in 1908
- Josephine Mincher, aged 1, who immigrated to the United States, in 1908
- William Mincher, aged 61, who landed in America from London, England, in 1911
- Lydia Mincher, aged 18, who landed in America from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1916
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Mincher (post 1700)
- Edward John Mincher (1851-1918), American professional baseball player
- Donald Ray "Don" Mincher (1938-2012), American Major League Baseball first baseman who played from 1960 to 1972
- Keith Mincher, English football coach and sports psychologist
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)