Maryon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Maryon family
The surname Maryon was first found in Hampshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Norman influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. The family name was first referenced in the 12th century when they held estates in that shire. They were one of the many noble Norman families King Henry recruited from Normandy during his reign. They were of Marrini or Marigny family of Calvados in Bayeux at Marigny, 4 kilometers from Port en Bessin. In 1166 Gwerri or Guerri Marigny held half a knights fee from Adam de Port, a Norman Baron, at Mapledurwell, 3 miles from Basingstoke. The family held a family seat at Winteringham in Lincolnshire in early times. "The estates were anciently held by the Marmions, one of whom, in the reign of Edward II., obtained a charter for a market here, now no longer held." 
Early History of the Maryon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Maryon research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1327, 1379, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Maryon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Maryon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Marin, Marinn, Marrin, Marrine, Marinson, Marynson, Marrenson and many more.
Early Notables of the Maryon family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Maryon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Maryon migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Maryon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Maryon, who landed in Virginia in 1703 
Maryon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John S. Maryon, aged 49, who immigrated to the United States, in 1893
- F. L. Maryon, aged 38, who settled in America, in 1895
- I. E. Maryon, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1895
Maryon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Margaret Maryon, aged 2, who settled in America from Clayton Bridge, Manchester, in 1905
- Mrs. Frederick Lee Maryon, aged 39, who immigrated to the United States from Clayton Bridge, Manchester, in 1905
- Paul E. Maryon, who landed in America, in 1908
- Rosalie Marie Maryon, aged 29, who immigrated to America from Dublin, Ireland, in 1912
- Walter Maryon, aged 55, who landed in America, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name Maryon (post 1700) +
- Edith Louisa Maryon (1872-1924), English sculptor from London
Related Stories +
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)