MacCullough History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Scottish MacCullough name is derived from the Gaelic personal name "Cullach," meaning "boar."
Early Origins of the MacCullough family
The surname MacCullough was first found in Wigtownshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Bhaile na h-Uige), formerly a county in southwestern Scotland, now part of the Council Area of Dumfries and Galloway, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the census rolls taken by the ancient Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Early History of the MacCullough family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our MacCullough research. Another 139 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1296 and 1354 are included under the topic Early MacCullough History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
MacCullough Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: MacCulloch, MacCullagh, MacCully, MacCullough, MacCulley, MacCullaugh, MacCullock, MacCullie and many more.
Early Notables of the MacCullough family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early MacCullough Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the MacCullough family to Ireland
Some of the MacCullough family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
MacCullough migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
MacCullough Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Maccullough, who arrived in Maryland in 1659 
MacCullough Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alex MacCullough, who arrived in New York, NY in 1811 
- Hamilton MacCullough, who arrived in New York, NY in 1811 
- Alexander, Andrew, Arthur, Charles, Daniel, Francis, Hamilton, Hugh, James, John, Joseph, Michael, Patrick, Samuel, Thomas, and William MacCullough all, who arrived in Pennsylvania between 1840 and 1860
Contemporary Notables of the name MacCullough (post 1700) +
- Benjamin MacCullough, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Sussex County, 1778 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html