Lokey History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Lokey family
The surname Lokey was first found in Peeblesshire
(Gaelic: Siorrachd nam Pùballan), former county in South-central Scotland
, in the present day Scottish Borders Council Area, where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the early census rolls taken by the early Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Early History of the Lokey family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lokey research.Another 193 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1565, 1616, 1527, 1602, 1679, 1660 and 1665 are included under the topic Early Lokey History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lokey Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Lokey family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Lockie of Peebleshire; Rowland Lockey (c.
1565-1616), an English Baroque era painter and goldsmith, best known for his near life-size painting... Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lokey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Lokey family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lokey Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Annie Lokey, aged 17, who emigrated to America, in 1896
- Ethel Lokey, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1896
- Irene Lokey, aged 16, who settled in America, in 1896
Lokey Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ethel Lokey, aged 28, who landed in America from Canal Zone, in 1907
- Clarence Lokey, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1919
- Robert J. Lokey, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States, in 1919
- James Lokey, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Lokey (post 1700)
- William M. Lokey, American Station Manager at Palmer Station in 1975, eponym of Lokey Peak, Antarctica
- Lorry I. Lokey (b. 1927), American businessperson and philanthropist, founder of Business Wire (1961)
- William "Hicks" Lokey (1904-1990), American animator, best known for his work at Fleischer Studios
- Derek Lokey (b. 1985), American football defensive tackle
- Chuck Lokey, American politician, Representative from Tennessee 5th District, 1994 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
Lokey Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html