Loden History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Loden family
The surname Loden was first found in Aberdeenshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Obar Dheathain), a historic county, and present day Council Area of Aberdeen, located in the Grampian region of northeastern Scotland, where they held a family seat from very early times.
Early History of the Loden family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Loden research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1335, 1517, 1526, 1546, 1679, and 1811 are included under the topic Early Loden History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loden Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leydon, Leidden, Leyden, Leidon, Lethen, Lethane and others.
Early Notables of the Loden family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Loden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Loden is the 15,437th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Loden family to Ireland
Some of the Loden family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Loden migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Loden Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Michael Loden, who landed in Maryland in 1777 
Loden Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Axel J Loden, who arrived in Arkansas in 1905 
Contemporary Notables of the name Loden (post 1700) +
- James Hugh Loden (1928-2016), known professionally as Sonny James, an American country music singer and songwriter best known for his 1957 hit, "Young Love," inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame
- Robert Loden (b. 1962), American professional football player
- Barbara Loden (1932-1980), American film and stage actress
- Barbara Loden (1932-1980), American film and stage actress and film director
- Daniel J. Loden, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maryland, 1908, 1912, 1916, 1928 
- Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden, the Australian spiritual leader of the Tibetan Buddhist Society
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html