, where East Linton is situated on the River Tyne, near Haddington. West Linton is a village in the Scottish Borders, (formerly in Peeblesshire) not far from East Linton. There is also a Linton located in Orkneys. One of the first records of the name was Gamel de Lintun who witnessed a charter by Ernaldus, bishop pf St. Andrews
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lenson research.Another 121 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1160, 1285, 1296, 1376 and are included under the topic Early Lenson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.