on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The prestigious surname lazard comes from the region of Provence, in France. The surname lazard is of local
origin, and is therefore a type of hereditary surname. Local
surnames are derived either from an already existing place-name or from a local feature of the geography.
The surname lazard was first found in Provence, where this distinguished family held a family seat
from ancient times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lessard, Lessart, Lessar, Lessarde, Lesart, Lesard, Lesser, Lesseir, Leser, Lezer, Lesarde, Lesar, Lezard, Lezzard, Lezart, Lezar, Lezarde, Lisart, Lizart, Sarde, Sardo and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lazard research. Another 395 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1384, 1406, 1552, 1554, 1574, 1614, 1620, 1622, 1645, 1665, 1728, and 1731 are included under the topic Early lazard History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 133 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lazard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lazard Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Tomas Lazard, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803
- Pascual Lazard, who arrived in Dominican Republic in 1834
- Manuel. Maria De Lazard, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1844
- Mrs. Lazard, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- E Lazard, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- Sidney Herold Lazard (1930-2015), American bridge player, inducted into the ACBL Hall of Fame in 2000
- Elie Lazard, American politician, U.S. Consular Agent in Angers, 1884
- Brigadier-General Pierre-Eliezer Lazard (1880-1959), French Commanding Officer during World War II
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
The lazard Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The lazard Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 January 2016 at 13:05.
on orders of $85 or more