layden History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the layden family
The surname layden was first found in Aberdeenshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Obar Dheathain), a historic county, and present day Council Area of Aberdeen, located in the Grampian region of northeastern Scotland, where they held a family seat from very early times.
Important Dates for the layden family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our layden research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1335, 1517, 1526, 1546, 1679, and 1811 are included under the topic Early layden History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
layden Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leydon, Leidden, Leyden, Leidon, Lethen, Lethane and others.
Early Notables of the layden family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early layden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the layden family to Ireland
Some of the layden family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
layden migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
layden Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Layden, who landed in Maryland in 1663 
layden Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Layden, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name layden (post 1700)
- Thomas R. Layden (b. 1866), American Republican politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Passaic County, 1904-05, 1910-11; Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from New Jersey, 1912 
- Thomas F. Layden, American Republican politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Kings County 9th District, 1933, 1935, 1936 
- Leon M. Layden, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Justice of New York Supreme Court 4th District, 1932; Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1940 
- Anna H. Layden, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1964 
- Eugene Francis "Gene" Layden (1894-1984), American Major League Baseball outfielder who played for the New York Yankees in the 1915 season
- John Peter Layden Jr. (1919-1982), American Major League Baseball outfielder that played from 1948 to 1950
- Shawn Layden, American President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Scott Layden (b. 1959), American assistant general manager with the San Antonio Spurs
- Elmer Francis Layden (1903-1973), American football player, coach, college athletics administrator, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a player in 1951
- Frank Layden (b. 1932), retired American basketball coach and executive of the National Basketball Association's Utah Jazz, NBA Executive of the Year and J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award recipient (1984)
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html