lamm History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lamm family
The surname lamm was first found in Northumberland, where they were Lords of the manor of West Denton. The earliest record of this name in Scotland appears to be of Adam Lamb of Sympering, who witnessed a charter of lands in Grayden in c. 1288. Adam Lamb and Lambe fiz Austyn de Nibreim (Austin Lamb) both rendered homage in 1296 to King Edward I of England on his brief conquest of Scotland. Thomas Lambe was a tenant in Dumfriesshire in 1376. John Lambe of Scotland received twenty pounds from Richard II of England for killing Oweyn of Wales, "the King's enemy in France." Duncan Lam held a tenement in Edinburgh in 1392. A master Archibald Lame taught young monks at the Abbey of Arbroath in 1486. 
Important Dates for the lamm family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lamm research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1279, 1391, 1398, 1420, 1423, 1565, 1634, 1607, 1619, 1619, 1634 and are included under the topic Early lamm History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lamm Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lamb, Lambe, Lam, Mclamb and others.
Early Notables of the lamm family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early lamm Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the lamm family to Ireland
Some of the lamm family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lamm migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical lamm Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
lamm Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Lamm, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1740 
lamm Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Lamm, aged 22, who arrived in Missouri in 1845 
- Michaelis Lamm, who landed in New York, NY in 1850 
lamm Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frank Charley Lamm, who landed in Wisconsin in 1918 
Contemporary Notables of the name lamm (post 1700)
- Robert William Lamm (b. 1944), American keyboardist, singer and songwriter, founding member of the rock band Chicago
- Emile Lamm (1834-1873), French-born, American inventor and dentist
- Jan Peder Lamm (b. 1935), Swedish archaeologist
- August Uno Lamm (1904-1989), Swedish electrical engineer and inventor
- Heinrich Lamm, German physician, pioneer in optical fibres
You May Also Like
- ^ Black, George F., The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)