Kristy History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origins of the name Kristy are from the ancient Anglo-Saxon culture of Britain. It is derived from Christopher, an ancient and popular font name which has been common since the 12th century.  Another source claims the name was "derived from a geographical locality. 'of Cristall.' I cannot find the spot, but Yorkshire seems to have been the home of the surname." 
Early Origins of the Kristy family
The surname Kristy was first found in Yorkshire where one of the first records of the name was Robert de Cristall who was registered in the Yorkshire Poll Tax Rolls of 1379.  Scotland was another homeland for the family and in this case, "it is certainly a diminutive or pet form of Christopher. The first form was an old surname in Foveran and it was not uncommon in Prestwick, Ayrshire, in the fifteenth century" 
Important Dates for the Kristy family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kristy research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1470, 1474, 1491, 1567, 1650, 1672 and 1790 are included under the topic Early Kristy History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kristy Spelling Variations
Sound was what guided spelling in the essentially pre-literate Middle Ages, so one person's name was often recorded under several variations during a single lifetime. Also, before the advent of the printing press and the first dictionaries, the English language was not standardized. Therefore, spelling variations were common, even among the names of the most literate people. Known variations of the Kristy family name include Chrystal, Cristall, Cristoll, Cristole, Cristell, Crystal, Crystall, MacCrystall, MacCristall and many more.
Early Notables of the Kristy family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kristy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kristy family
For political, religious, and economic reasons, thousands of English families boarded ships for Ireland, the Canadas, the America colonies, and many of smaller tropical colonies in the hope of finding better lives abroad. Although the passage on the cramped, dank ships caused many to arrive in the New World diseased and starving, those families that survived the trip often went on to make valuable contributions to those new societies to which they arrived. Early immigrants bearing the Kristy surname or a spelling variation of the name include: James Chrystal who arrived in Philadelphia in 1868.
Contemporary Notables of the name Kristy (post 1700)
- Kristy Sargeant -Wirtz (b. 1974), Canadian former pair skater, silver medalist at the 1999 Four Continents Championships
- Kristy Tallant, American actress, best known for her role on Planet X: The Frozen Moon (2011)
- Kristy Manning, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Missouri, 2008
- Kristy Mary Demas, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives 38th District, 1998 
- Kristy Roney, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from New Hampshire, 2008 
- ^ Lowe, Mark Anthony, Patronymica Britannica, A Dictionary of Family Names of the United Kingdom. London: John Russel Smith, 1860. Print.
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Black, George F., The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 15) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 20) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html