Kimble History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Kimble family name is linked to the ancient Anglo-Saxon culture of Britain. Their name comes from beside a water pipe in various villages throughout England. The surname Kimble may also derive from the word piper.
Early Origins of the Kimble family
The surname Kimble was first found in Buckinghamshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Early History of the Kimble family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kimble research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1196, 1599 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Kimble History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kimble Spelling Variations
Until the dictionary, an invention of only the last few hundred years, the English language lacked any comprehensive system of spelling rules. Consequently, spelling variations in names are frequently found in early Anglo-Saxon and later Anglo-Norman documents. One person's name was often spelled several different ways over a lifetime. The recorded variations of Kimble include Kimball, Kimbell, Kimbel, Kemple, Kemble, Kimble and others.
Early Notables of the Kimble family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kimble Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kimble migration to the United States +
Thousands of English families boarded ships sailing to the New World in the hope of escaping the unrest found in England at this time. Although the search for opportunity and freedom from persecution abroad took the lives of many because of the cramped conditions and unsanitary nature of the vessels, the opportunity perceived in the growing colonies of North America beckoned. Many of the settlers who survived the journey went on to make important contributions to the transplanted cultures of their adopted countries. The Kimble were among these contributors, for they have been located in early North American records:
Kimble Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hugh Kimble, who settled in Charles Town [Charleston], South Carolina in 1767 with his wife Sarah, sons Hugh, and Abraham, and daughter Mary
- William L Kimble, who landed in Mississippi in 1798 
Kimble Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Edgar Kimble, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1903
- Edwin C. Kimble, aged 50, who landed in America, in 1905
- Edgar A S Kimble, aged 40, who settled in America from London, in 1907
- Fowler Kimble, who settled in America, in 1907
- F Kimble, aged 47, who immigrated to the United States, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Kimble migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kimble Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Chauncy Kimble, who arrived in Canada in 1841
- Mr. John Kimble who was emigrating through Grosse Isle Quarantine Station, Quebec aboard the ship "Greenock" departing 19th June 1847 from Liverpool, England; the ship arrived on 29th July 1847 but he died on board 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kimble (post 1700) +
- Alisa Kimble (b. 1970), American model, Miss California USA 1997
- Garry Lynn Kimble (b. 1963), American former NFL football cornerback for the Washington Redskins
- Richard Lewis "Dick" Kimble (1915-2001), American Major League Baseball shortstop who played for the Washington Senators in 1945
- George C. Kimble (1803-1836), American officer of the Alamo Mission in San Antonio who died at the Battle of the Alamo, eponym of Kimble County, Texas
- Brigadier-General Frederick von Harten Kimble (1895-1978), American Commanding General 5020th Wing (1948-1949) 
- John B. Kimble (b. 1960), American behavioral scientist, Republican Candidate for the 2012
- Avis Kimble (b. 1944), American model
- Gregory Kevin "Bo" Kimble (b. 1966), retired American college basketball player
- Garry Kimble (b. 1966), English ex-professional football player
- Alan Kimble (b. 1966), retired English professional footballer
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
Suggested Readings for the name Kimble +
- 1708 The Kimble Family from Z to A by Seruch Titus Kimble.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Charbonneau, André, and Doris Drolet-Dubé. A Register of Deceased Persons at Sea and on Grosse Île in 1847. The Minister of Canadian Heritage, 1997. ISBN: 0-660-198/1-1997E (p. 83)
- ^ Generals of World War II. (Retrieved 2012, April 2) Frederick Kimble. Retrieved from http://generals.dk/general/Kimble/Frederick_von_Harten/USA.html