Hilden History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Hilden name has descended through the generations from the ancient Anglo-Saxon culture. Their name comes from having lived in Buckinghamshire, where the Hilden family was associated with the remote hilltop parish of Hillesden.
Early Origins of the Hilden family
The surname Hilden was first found in Buckinghamshire, where evidence suggests they held a family seat before the Norman Conquest.
Important Dates for the Hilden family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hilden research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hilden History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hilden Spelling Variations
Only recently has spelling become standardized in the English language. As the English language evolved in the Middle Ages, the spelling of names changed also. The name Hilden has undergone many spelling variations, including Hillersdon, Hillersden, Hillesden, Hillesdon, Hillsden, Hillsdon, Hilsdon, Hilsden, Hilden, Helden, Hildon and many more.
Early Notables of the Hilden family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hilden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Hilden family to Ireland
Some of the Hilden family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hilden migration to the United States
To escape the unstable social climate in England of this time, many families boarded ships for the New World with the hope of finding land, opportunity, and greater religious and political freedom. Although the voyages were expensive, crowded, and difficult, those families that arrived often found greater opportunities and freedoms than they could have experienced at home. Many of those families went on to make significant contributions to the rapidly developing colonies in which they settled. Early North American records indicate many people bearing the name Hilden were among those contributors:
Hilden Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mrs. L. Hilden to San Francisco in 1862 with her child
Hilden Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Peter Hilden, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1909 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hilden (post 1700)
- Fred Hilden, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Minnesota, 1944, 1956 (alternate) 
- Hilden Salas (b. 1980), Peruvian footballer
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 20) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html