on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, Scottish
Where did the Scottish Harrell family come from? What is the Scottish Harrell family crest and coat of arms? When did the Harrell family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Harrell family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Harold, Harald, Harrell, Hirrell, Hurrell and others.
First found in Argyllshire (Gaelic erra Ghaidheal), the region of western Scotland corresponding roughly with the ancient Kingdom of Dál Riata, in the Strathclyde region of Scotland, now part of the Council Area of Argyll and Bute, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Harrell research. Another 149 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 168 and 1685 are included under the topic Early Harrell History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 21 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Harrell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Harrell family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 39 words (3 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Harrell Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Harrell, who arrived in Maryland in 1676
Harrell Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joane Harrell, who landed in Virginia in 1719
Harrell Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edward Harrell, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1845
- Jasper Harrell, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Cassie Harrell, aged 23, who settled in America from Ballygawley, in 1897
Harrell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ellen Harrell, aged 24, who settled in America from Oldcastle, in 1901
- John C Harrell, aged 41, who emigrated to America from London, in 1904
- Charles Lydon Harrell, aged 21, who landed in America from Stanford Hill, in 1904
- Bryant Eugene Harrell, aged 23, who landed in America from Stanford Hill, in 1904
- David Harrell, aged 46, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
Harrell Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Sarah Harrell, aged 15, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1858 aboard the ship "Melbourne"
- William V. Harrell, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for U.S. Representative from Indiana 1st District, 1910
- W. Roy Harrell, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Georgia, 1956
- W. B. Harrell, American politician, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas, 1920
- Ty Harrell, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from North Carolina, 2008
- Samuel R. Harrell, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Indiana, 1960, 1972
- Robert W. Harrell Jr., American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from South Carolina, 2008
- Moses B. Harrell, American politician, Postmaster at Cairo, Illinois, 1849-50
- Mickey Harrell, American politician, Independent Candidate for Governor of Oklahoma, 1946, 1950
- Mary Beth Harrell, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 31st District, 2006
- John D. Harrell, American politician, Member of Georgia State Senate 8th District, 1902-03
- Under the Rainbow: The Harrells by Wanda Frazier Harrell.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Bain, Robert. The Clans and Tartans of Scotland. Glasgow & London: Collins, 1968. Print. (ISBN 000411117-6).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Catholic Directory For Scotland. Glasgow: Burns Publications. Print.
- Adam, Frank. Clans Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands 8th Edition. London: Bacon (G.W.) & Co, 1970. Print. (ISBN 10-0717945006).
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Donaldson, Gordon and Robert S. Morpeth. Who's Who In Scotish History. Wales: Welsh Academic Press, 1996. Print. (ISBN 186057-0054).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Harrell Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Harrell Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 October 2015 at 13:05.
on orders of $85 or more