Early Origins of the St'germain family
The surname St'germain was first found in Normandy
(French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy
, where this distinguished family held a family seat
in the seigneuries of St-Germain-de- Montgomery in Calvados, where there are traces of an early castle, and St-Germain-des-Vaux in Manche, and St-Germain-la-Campagne in the Eure, and St-Germain-Langot in Calvados.
The Lords of this area were Roger, Henri, Jean, Mathew, Osbert, Ralph, Richard, Simon, and William, all of whom gave allegiance to William Crispin VII. Many of these nobles accompanied Duke William in his invasion of England and were granted lands in Suffolk.
The parish of St. Germans in Cornwall is another eponymous location. "This place derived its name from St. Germanus, Bishop of Auxerre, who is supposed to have resided on the spot during a visit which he made to Cornwall, in the fifth century." CITATION[CLOSE]
Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
Early History of the St'germain family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our St'germain research.Another 68 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1460, 1540, 1707 and 1778 are included under the topic Early St'germain History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
St'germain Spelling Variations
of this family name include: St.Germain, St.Germeyn, St.Germin, St.Germine, St.Germyne, St.Jermy, St.Jermyn, St.Jermain, Saint-Germain, Saint-Germeyn, Saint-Jermain, Saint-Jermyn, Saint-Germeyn, Saint-Jermain, St-Germain, St-Germeyn, St-Germin, St-Germine, St-Germyne, St-Jermy, St-Jermyn and many more.
Early Notables of the St'germain family (pre 1700)
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early St'germain Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the St'germain family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
St'germain Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Romain St. Germain who settled in Louisiana in 1719
Contemporary Notables of the name St'germain (post 1700)
- Karen Gaudet St. Germain (b. 1957), American politician, Member of the Louisiana House of Representatives (2004-)
- Fernand Joseph St Germain (1928-2014), American politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Rhode Island (1961-1989)
- Gerry St. Germain PC (b. 1937), Canadian politician, Senator for Langley-Pemberton-Whistler, British Columbia (1993-2012)
- Tabitha St. Germain, Canadian Dora Award winning actress, comedian and singer
- Antoine StGermain, Canadian Lawyer, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
St'germain Family Crest Products
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.