Dyott History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dyott family
The surname Dyott was first found in Staffordshire at Freeford, a hamlet, in the parish of St. Michael, Lichfield, union of Lichfield, N. division of the hundred of Offlow. " The manor [of Freeford] was held by a family of its own name, in the reign of James I., and afterwards passed to the family of Dyott, who suffered much in the parliamentary war for their attachment to Charles I." 
Important Dates for the Dyott family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dyott research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1562, 1560, 1622, 1601, 1614, 1591, 1660, 1623, 1640, 1619, 1677, 1667, 1677, 1667, 1719, 1690 and 1695 are included under the topic Early Dyott History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dyott Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dyott, Dyot, Diot and others.
Early Notables of the Dyott family (pre 1700)
Notables of this surname at this time include: General John Dyot, known as "Dumb éyort of Somerson"; Anthony Dyott (c. 1560-1622) was an English lawyer and politician who sat in the House of Commons between 1601 and 1614; Sir Richard Dyott (c. 1591-1660) was an English lawyer...
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dyott Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dyott migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dyott Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Thomas M. Dyott, who settled in Philadelphia in 1811
- Thomas Dyott who settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1811
- Hugh Dyott, who landed in New York in 1849
- Hugh Dyott, who settled in New York State in 1849
- Daniel Dyott, who settled in Philadelphia in 1868
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Dyott (post 1700)
- George Miller Dyott (1883-1972), American pioneer aviator and explorer of the Amazon who developed the Dyott Bomber, a prototype twin-engined British biplane bomber during World War I
- George M Dyott, American cinematographer, book author, producer and director
- Thomas W Dyott (1771-1861), American (British-born) patent-medicine maker and glassmaker
- Richard Dyott (1808-1891), English Conservative Party politician, Member of Parliament for Lichfield (1865-1880)
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.