Dyett History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Dyett family
The surname Dyett was first found in Staffordshire
at Freeford, a hamlet, in the parish of St. Michael, Lichfield, union of Lichfield, N. division of the hundred
of Offlow. " The manor [of Freeford] was held by a family of its own name, in the reign of James I., and afterwards passed to the family of Dyott, who suffered much in the parliamentary war for their attachment to Charles I." CITATION[CLOSE]
Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
Early History of the Dyett family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dyett research.Another 151 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1562, 1560, 1622, 1601, 1614, 1591, 1660, 1623, 1640, 1619, 1677, 1667, 1677, 1667, 1719, 1690 and 1695 are included under the topic Early Dyett History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dyett Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Dyett family (pre 1700)
Notables of this surname at this time include: General John Dyot, known as "Dumb éyort of Somerson"; Anthony Dyott (c.
1560-1622) was an English lawyer and politician who sat in the House of Commons between 1601 and 1614; Sir Richard Dyott (c.
1591-1660) was an English lawyer... Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dyett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Dyett family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dyett Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Dyett, who settled in Maryland in 1661
Dyett Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Maxwell Dyett, who settled in New York, NY in 1822
Contemporary Notables of the name Dyett (post 1700)
- Lovell Dyett, American radio personality has been at the WBZ News Radio weekend microphone since 1971
- Walter Henri Dyett (1901-1969), American violinist and music educator
- Thomas B. Dyett, American Democrat politician, Delegate to New York State Constitutional Convention 20th District, 1938 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Sir Gilbert Joseph Cullen Dyett (1891-1964), Australian ex-servicemen's leader, was born at Bendigo, Victoria
- Richard Henry Kortright Dyett, President of the British Virgin Islands (1882-1884)
Dyett Family Crest Products
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html