100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Dollar was first found in Clackmannanshire
(Gaelic: Siorrachd Chlach Mhannainn), nicknamed the “wee county,” it is the smallest Council Area of Scotland
, located in southeastern Scotland, where they held a family seat
in the town of Dallar. The name was first recorded in Scotland
in the 14th century when Matthew Dollar was recorded at an inquest in 1316 at Kirkcaldy.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dollar, Doller, Dolar, Doler, Dollare, Dollour and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dollar research. Another 153 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dollar History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Dollar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dollar Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Mary Dollar, who landed in Virginia in 1650
Dollar Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miss Dollar, aged 53, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
- Fanny Dollar, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1896
- William Dollar, aged 68, who emigrated to America from Belfast, Ireland, in 1897
Dollar Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur M. Dollar, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Christina Dollar, aged 30, who landed in America from Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1908
- Rosie Dollar, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Bessie Dollar, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- John Hetherington Dollar, aged 46, who settled in America from Burnhan on Crouch, England, in 1917
Dollar Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Andrew L. Dollar, aged 43, who emigrated to Calgary, Alberta, in 1917
- Alexander M. Dollar, aged 41, who emigrated to Vancouver, Canada, in 1920
- Alice May Dollar, aged 28, who settled in Vancouver, Canada, in 1920
- William Dollar (1907-1986), American ballet dancer
- Matt Dollar (b. 1977), American politician
- Johnny Dollar (1922-1986), American country and rockabilly singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Creflo Dollar (b. 1962), American televangelist
- Caroline Dollar (b. 1983), American actress
- Cameron Dollar (b. 1975), American former college basketball player and current head coach of Seattle University's men's basketball team
- William Everett "Bill" Dollar (1950-1996), American radio host
- Aubrey Dollar (b. 1980), American actress
- Captain Robert Dollar (1844-1932), Scottish-born lumber baron, shipping magnate and philanthropist
- Sarway Dollar (b. 1988), Sierra Leonean footballer
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and Don Pottinger. Clan Map Scotland of Old. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1983. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Fulton, Alexander. Scotland and Her Tartans: The Romantic Heritage of the Scottish Clans and Families. Godalming: Bramley, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-86283-880-0).
The Dollar Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dollar Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 October 2015 at 09:05.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!