on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Dollar family come from? What is the Scottish Dollar family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dollar family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dollar family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dollar, Doller, Dolar, Doler, Dollare, Dollour and many more.
First found in Clackmannanshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Chlach Mhannainn), nicknamed the “wee county,” it is the smallest Council Area of Scotland, located in southeastern Scotland, where they held a family seat in the town of Dallar. The name was first recorded in Scotland in the 14th century when Matthew Dollar was recorded at an inquest in 1316 at Kirkcaldy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dollar research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dollar History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Dollar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dollar Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Mary Dollar, who landed in Virginia in 1650
Dollar Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miss Dollar, aged 53, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
- Fanny Dollar, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1896
- William Dollar, aged 68, who emigrated to America from Belfast, Ireland, in 1897
Dollar Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur M. Dollar, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Christina Dollar, aged 30, who landed in America from Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1908
- Rosie Dollar, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Bessie Dollar, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- John Hetherington Dollar, aged 46, who settled in America from Burnhan on Crouch, England, in 1917
Dollar Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Andrew L. Dollar, aged 43, who emigrated to Calgary, Alberta, in 1917
- Alexander M. Dollar, aged 41, who emigrated to Vancouver, Canada, in 1920
- Alice May Dollar, aged 28, who settled in Vancouver, Canada, in 1920
- Aubrey Dollar (b. 1980), American actress
- William Everett "Bill" Dollar (1950-1996), American radio host
- Cameron Dollar (b. 1975), American former college basketball player and current head coach of Seattle University's men's basketball team
- Caroline Dollar (b. 1983), American actress
- Creflo Dollar (b. 1962), American televangelist
- Johnny Dollar (1922-1986), American country and rockabilly singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Matt Dollar (b. 1977), American politician
- William Dollar (1907-1986), American ballet dancer
- Captain Robert Dollar (1844-1932), Scottish-born lumber baron, shipping magnate and philanthropist
- Jonny Dollar (1964-2009), born Jonathan Peter Sharp, English record producer and songwriter
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Scotch Irish Pioneers In Ulster and America. Montana: Kessinger Publishing. Print.
- Fulton, Alexander. Scotland and Her Tartans: The Romantic Heritage of the Scottish Clans and Families. Godalming: Bramley, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-86283-880-0).
- Urquhart, Blair Edition. Tartans The New Compact Study Guide and Identifier. Secauccus, NJ: Chartwell Books, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0-7858-0050-6).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Dollar Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dollar Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 December 2013 at 15:37.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more